Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 12:04 PM

865 posts, read 1,489,165 times

Advertisements

I recommend smaller portions, you can eat what you want more, and measure it out first! Like someone said bacon...you should NEVER eat more than 3 slices of bacon in one setting. Never eat more than one protein or meat per setting, as it increases the chance of obesity. Never get a second portion. If you like cookies, eat ONE a day! Cheese, 1 ounce or 2 slices a day at most! Ice cream = 1/2 a cup! Coffee and tea should be drank black, or maybe 1 cream, 1 sugar at most. If you get a salad, dip the dressing only on tips, and get dressing that is less than 100 calories per serving and never use more than a tablespoon for your salad. Throw away your salt shaker, and learn to make your food more bland and dull your tastebuds. You will not crave as much food after a while, and bad foods will start tasting bad! I know you probably think I am crazy, but I watched skinny people for years and this is the stuff they do! It actually works!

I used to be bigger, and now I am in my 120s and size 2 pants fall off me! Your stomach will get used to smaller portions, and your doctor will tell you how awesome you are (at least the BMI portion)! Just tell yourself you can win this battle, and you are worth it. Tell yourself that you love yourself enough to live a healthy lifestyle, and you will not let food dominate you. You will win this battle!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 01:13 PM

676 posts, read 528,425 times
Start with one thing that you know you can easily eliminate from your daily diet. Something that is really unhealthy. Stop eating this one thing for two weeks. Then re-evaluate. Can you eliminate something else that is a daily treat?

If you fall off the wagon, then just start the two week clock over again.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:36 AM

8,007 posts, read 10,428,452 times
I have struggled with binge eating my whole life. I have been on every diet known to man and taken every diet pill. Then I got crazy sick. I was diagnosed with Celiac and forced to go on a strict diet. I had to go on an elimination diet to determine if I was reactive to anything else. I could basically eat meat, some veggies (not all) and fruit. I knew if I didn't do it, I would get crazy sick again, and hospitals are no fun.

I was able to reintroduce a lot of foods and basically follow a Paleo diet now. It has been the only thing that worked. Eliminating sugar and grains really did the trick. The first few weeks were hard, but it was a little easier for me because I was feeling so much better. Once you get past the hump, it gets easier.

Sugar is an addiction. You will withdraw from it. And that withdraw will be one of the hardest things you'll do. But it does get easier. And grains act as sugars in your body, so that counts as sugar.

Old 01-03-2017, 04:43 AM

15 posts, read 32,875 times
Sarorafire10 you can loose weight eating what you want. you have to first determine how many calories you should be eating every day.The resulting number will be a fairly accurate measurement of the total amount of energy your body is burning every day, generally known as your total daily energy expenditure or TDEE. Then you should create the mild calorie deficit, you’re going to simply eat 20% LESS than that number every day. The next step is converting calories into grams of protein, carbs, and fats (with goods ratios depending how much activity you have every day) every day, because the ratios that you will eat are important when you’re trying to maximize weight loss. Cheers

Old 03-01-2017, 11:05 AM

32 posts, read 23,706 times
i think you should go with doctor .because doctor is also good or if you get free then search online

Old 03-04-2017, 11:11 AM

19 posts, read 23,056 times
Niftybergin gives some good advice. I agree with much of what he says. I suggest you eat LOTS of veggies, some good quality proteins and good oils (coconut oil, olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, but avoid the so called healthy canola, corn, and soybean oils), with minimal carbs. You probably need to cut out processed foods as much as possible, as they are full of sugar and chemicals that definitely aren't nutritious. Avoid juice, but if you drink it, make it with about 2/3 water added. You can make lemonade with lemon juice and stevia to avoid the sugar. Tea is ok if it is herbal, again sweeten it with stevia.

Old 03-04-2017, 04:29 PM

624 posts, read 370,795 times
I found out by eating baked seasoning cauliflower taste similar to french fries.
I have never eaten cauliflower in my life until my sister in-law baked crispy cauliflower. Been hooked since.
Talk with a good healthy cooker and have them show you recipes. Once you start to learn how to make healthy foods that you like then your mind set will begin to focus on weightloss.
If i have a craving for bread or patotes i mash up cauliflower and ?mmmmmmmmm...... it's so good

Old 03-04-2017, 05:21 PM

2,867 posts, read 1,541,411 times
You should probably talk to a nutritionist or dietitian. They can help you learn how to make or order healthy meals that also taste good.

At the very least, take a cooking class. You will be surprised at how much spices matter in flavor.

Old 03-07-2017, 08:15 AM

1 posts, read 723 times
I have been searching online for a weight loss program that isn't total bs. I have tried a few different programs before but when I felt like I wasn't getting the results I wanted to. And so many programs are all work out based and they don't give you a easy to follow diet. I tried Insanity a few years ago and I was excited when I started it but my diet wasn't matching the workouts and I didn't lose much weight at all. But I have just found a new weight loss program that I'm currently using and I wanted to share it with everyone. It's called the 3 week diet. I have been doing it for 2 weeks and I was lost 10 pounds! Very excited about and I hope you'll check it out too. I like it because its only 3 weeks long, so if you're like me and don't like long commitments this will be good for you too. Its worth at least taking a look at. Here's the 3 week diet [url]http://3weekweightloss.life/week1[/url]

Old 04-12-2017, 09:33 AM

4 posts, read 2,427 times
Sarorafire, you need someone else that you're accountable to! Find someone that you must report in to daily, and when you're about to eat something naughty so he/she can talk you off the ledge. It could be a nutrition coach, friend, family member or coworker. But that person MUST be committed and available for you. I think trying to do this alone is a much tougher battle for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss