Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2016, 05:33 AM

27 posts, read 33,859 times

Advertisements

I think i my eating habits are unhealthy. I try really hard to eat right to keep fit, but i slack all the time.

Please don't judge me, but give me help please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ill buy vegtables here and there and try to commit to a healthy diet, but a day later, its like ill start to binge eat on sweets, and drink beverages filled with sugar like to much lemonade, juice, sweet tea etc. Its like i could go through 1 bottle juice in like 2 days.

I long to eat healthy, to live off water and tea and to eat healthy stuff like that. I want to eat vegetables and eat healthy and a healthy diet. Can someone please give me advice on how i can break the cycle of binge eating? i really want to turn my eating habits around. i seriously believe i have an eating disorder. the reason being because i only eat once a day, and when i do, its like sugary things and i feel bloated and i could have eaten to much. please some advice! i want live a long healthy life!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2016, 08:53 AM

2,756 posts, read 3,808,575 times
Eat fruits, veggies, lean proteins. Avoid added sugars. Drink lots of water.

Then repeat every day.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Theres no magic pill thats going to help you achieve a healthy eating lifestyle,sounds like you could benefit from the services of a nutritionist who will guide you on proper eating practices ,eating once a day is not your best course of action. Start writing down everything you eat on a site like My Fitness Pal.https://www.myfitnesspal.com/
Sounds like you are addicted to sugar and like most addictions they are tough to kick.Following your present path you will continue to gain weight,your health will deteriorate over time,diabetes and its related consequences are almost assured.ultimately its up to you,the resources are out there in abundance to show you correct eating habits but its up to you to get some personal discipline and follow the advice.
Best of luck

Old 10-28-2016, 09:35 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,820,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarorafire10 View Post
I think i my eating habits are unhealthy. I try really hard to eat right to keep fit, but i slack all the time.

Please don't judge me, but give me help please, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Ill buy vegtables here and there and try to commit to a healthy diet, but a day later, its like ill start to binge eat on sweets, and drink beverages filled with sugar like to much lemonade, juice, sweet tea etc. Its like i could go through 1 bottle juice in like 2 days.

I long to eat healthy, to live off water and tea and to eat healthy stuff like that. I want to eat vegetables and eat healthy and a healthy diet. Can someone please give me advice on how i can break the cycle of binge eating? i really want to turn my eating habits around. i seriously believe i have an eating disorder. the reason being because i only eat once a day, and when i do, its like sugary things and i feel bloated and i could have eaten to much. please some advice! i want live a long healthy life!
You may want to consider Weight Watchers just to get some support and to get you in the habit of recording everything you eat. I do not mean signing up for the online WW, but finding a local WW meeting and weigh in. I found it incredibly helpful to have a community to talk to, to have to be weighed in once a week, and to record every single piece of food I ate. Those habits are now ingrained in me.
I know a lot of people will not agree with me on WW and thats fine. There is no, 'one size fits all' when it comes to losing weight. The most important thing you will need more than anything is the true desire to lose weight. Sacrifice is needed and it is simply a hard road - (at least in the beginning) no matter what approach you take. But it does get easier. And it is worth it.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:48 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:

Eating once a day may very well be contributing to the problem. Eat more often, including some form of protein and healthy fat, and cutting down on the carbs and sugar as much as possible, every time you eat. That will help to begin to regulate your blood sugar levels, which should lessen your sugar cravings to a degree.

Old 10-28-2016, 09:57 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
but a day later, its like ill start to binge eat on sweets, and drink beverages filled with sugar like to much lemonade, juice, sweet tea etc. Its like i could go through 1 bottle juice in like 2 days.
Are you buying this kind of junk for home or do you get it while you're out and about? The easiest thing to do is to not have these kinds of temptations in your house. You can't binge on what's not there.

Another thing to do is to download a food tracking app and use it honestly. It can be sobering to see what you're eating when it's written in black and white.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:25 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,517 times
Are you eating enough fat?

Everyone has their ideas of what a healthy diet is or should look like. For me, that's a diet low in sugar and processed food...which translates to a diet comprised mostly of animal protein, veggies, fruits, and some whole (unprocessed) starchy carbs like potatoes, beans, and certain types of grains. I am convinced that what keeps this diet workable for me is that I eat a lot of fat. I eat bacon, oily fish and shellfish, and the occasional red meat; I eat eggs and sometimes cheese; I eat olives and nuts; I use coconut oil, olive oil, and sometimes butter.

Fat is tasty and satisfying, and fat WON'T make you fat. Nor is it "bad" for you. But if you are being especially abstemious in your food selections and then find yourself bingeing on sugary foods in particular, it could be that eating FAT might help you avoid overindulging in SUGAR.

My recommendation for sugar addiction is to try your best to go cold-turkey. I'm a cold-turkey kind of person anyway, but my experience is that cutting back on sugar doesn't work for me, because if the sugar is still in my system or I'm consuming smaller portions of it, it just keeps me primed for wanting MORE sugar. That's where the cravings and binges start. So I have to cut it out completely. When it's not in my system and I'm not getting it at all, I have no taste for it -- mental or physical. (And yes, it's true...my desire for something sweet can totally be satisfied now by an apple.)

Eating healthy on a regular basis requires a lot of effort and planning ahead. What is the saying: If you fail to plan, you plan to fail. It's not just a matter of stocking up the fridge with veggies and fruit. If you eat a lot of salad but find making a salad to be time-consuming or annoying, then plan for success by spending some time a couple days a week prepping all your salad fixings. That way all you have to do is scoop out handfuls of stuff onto your plate. (And if you DO eat a lot of salad, make them interesting! There's nothing interesting about iceberg lettuce and some hunks of tomato. So make yourself "power salads" loaded with veggies, fruit, nuts, protein, fat, and starchy carbs.) If you need protein -- and you do need protein -- to feed your hunger and keep you satisfied, cook it beforehand and have it cut up and in containers and ready to be eaten on the fly. If you like eggs, keep them on hand at all times, because they are a super-fast and healthy meal. If you are going to spending the day running errands, pack some food in a ziploc and carry it with you. Hard cheese, nuts, certain types of meat, apples, and maybe even dark (>70% cacao) chocolate can be good for this purpose. They all travel well. You want to make sure you have something to eat when you get the urge, so that you're not grabbing something unhealthy and processed because you're desperate and there are no other alternatives. Plan ahead!

Old 10-28-2016, 08:26 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,244,629 times
Sounds like you are starving yourself which is not the same as healthy eating. Even if you only eat vegetables you still need a daily intake of some 1600+ calories, which is hard to do with vegetables. So on day 2 you refuel with easily available calorie dense foods.

You'll need to get food smart, understanding roughly how much energy various ingredients give (i.e. vegetable low, bread high, nuts decent, etc.)

Old 10-28-2016, 10:45 PM

27 posts, read 33,859 times
Thanks guys, it means a lot to me. i just want to live a long healthy, and well balanced diet and be fit. i also want ot be well disciplined if that makes sense

Old 10-29-2016, 12:16 PM

5 posts, read 5,951 times
I think the first step is trying to break your junk food addiction. I did this early in the year and lost 30 lbs in only three months. The first week or two is by far the most difficult. You just I've to plan ahead, have some will power and force yourself to follow through. It's so true that losing the weight is so much more satisfying than eating those foods you love. I started with eating a high protein and low carb diet, lots of eggs, lean meats, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese. You have to find what works for you. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss