Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 02:40 AM

76 posts, read 21,893 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to figure out the best way to diet to lose weight evenly? I an trying to get into this thing thats got to do with medical stuff and I want to be my healthiest. Plus I want higher levels of dopamine because they're kind of low so how can I change my diet and lifestyle to boost this?

Mod cut.

Advice?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-17-2017 at 08:58 AM.. Reason: Rest of post was a Fashion question; posted in Fashion forumm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 02:44 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,409,611 times
Weight Watchers is a good program that teaches you how to eat without fads or starving.

Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-17-2017 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: Comments related to separate issue; moved to other thread by same OP.

Old 01-17-2017, 07:53 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,176,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe1994 View Post
I'm trying to figure out the best way to diet to lose weight evenly? I an trying to get into this thing thats got to do with medical stuff and I want to be my healthiest. Plus I want higher levels of dopamine because they're kind of low so how can I change my diet and lifestyle to boost this?
It seems like if you are actually doing it because of "medical stuff," your doctor should be the one advising you.

Old 01-17-2017, 08:39 AM

76 posts, read 21,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
It seems like if you are actually doing it because of "medical stuff," your doctor should be the one advising you.
I made the decision to do this after I saw my doctor. But I want to go back to my doctor and talk to him about my hormonal results etc... I also want a redo. I feel sleepy in the winter often so I feel there may be a connection perhaps

Old 01-18-2017, 03:55 AM

15 posts, read 32,942 times
In order to lose fat, you need to give your body less energy (food) than it burns every day, as measured in calories.
Follow flexible dieting and don;t go wit fats to low. Eating good fats for sure will repair your hormones.

Old 01-18-2017, 04:00 PM

8,013 posts, read 10,481,822 times
Cut out simple carbs (most grains and sugar) and processed foods. Just cook real food. Aim to eat things that have no ingredient list. Simple, whole food is the healthiest way to eat. You will find the weight coming off will follow.

A LOT of processed foods have additives that contain things like soy, which can screw up your hormones in high enough amounts. A lot contain hidden added sugars, which can also contribute to things like fatigue.

Old 01-29-2017, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,775 times
Have you ever tried a meal replacement? I use it and I have lost 50 lbs over the years and feel great. I even have my own health and fitness business now.

Old 02-01-2017, 12:52 AM

Hi,
Every carb is digested into glucose. Yes, in the end, the candy bar turns into glucose just like the cup of peas. Sure, the candy bar turns into glucose faster, but that’s the only difference. The candy bar has a bunch of monosaccharides that are quickly metabolized whereas the peas have a bunch of oligosaccharides that take longer. The sucrose found in a pineapple is no different chemically than the sucrose in our favorite type of dessert. And high-fructose corn syrup is chemically similar to sucrose.
What is especially fattening, then? Overeating. That is, feeding your body more energy than it needs every day, regardless of what foods are providing the excess energy. This study (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14522746 ), conducted by researchers at the University of Hawaii, is an extensive review of sugar-related literature. Here’s a quote from the paper: “It is important to state at the outset that there is no direct connection between added sugars intake and obesity unless excessive consumption of sugar-containing beverages and foods leads to energy imbalance and the resultant weight gain.”
Overconsumption and energy imbalance are the keys here.
The more carbohydrates you eat, the more energy (calories) you put into your body. The more energy you give your body, the more energy you have to burn to prevent fat storage. You see, if you give your body a lot more energy than it needs every day, whether from excess amounts of protein, carbohydrate, or dietary fat, you’ll get fatter. This has been conclusively proven in clinical research. There is no debating this fact. And this is where we get to the actual problem with sugar intake and getting/staying fat: the more you eat foods with added sugars, the easier it is to overeat. This is especially true of liquid carbohydrates, including beverages with added sugar. If you love caloric beverages, you’ll probably stay fat forever. You can drink 1,000 calories and be hungry an hour later, whereas eating 1,000 calories of food, including a good portion of protein and fiber, will probably keep you full for 5 to 6 hours.

Joel

Old 02-03-2017, 02:51 PM

301 posts, read 190,528 times
You could try following a ketogenic plan. This is what I do, it's not for weight loss really, for me it's more about regulating hormones and keeping RA/other autoimmune attacks/flare-ups at a minimum. Nutritionally induced ketosis can help some people lose weight, especially targeted fat loss. Maybe try to look into a ketogenic plan. It's a tough adjustment for most people, as you're basically allowed NO sugar, processed or natural - no fruit, only SOME green veggies. It's a weird thing honestly, that a diet high in fat (but very low in carb) can help lose fat, but for some reason, it works for a lot of people. Something like that definitely should be discussed with a physician first though. My rheumatologist referred me to a nutritionist who helps me monitor my macros.There's a lot of research available on the internet, as well as several threads of discussion on this forum.

Old 02-06-2017, 07:47 AM

Hi,

some things about Keto diet are revealed in that article:

https://myoleanfitness.com/ketogenic-diet-40-years-ago/

Joel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss