Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 05:29 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

I read about this in a Women's Magazine many years ago...and I will
never forget how it worked...uncanny actually.
These were the directions and I did them to a tee.
1st day, more if you'd like:
Relax, say in a recliner, breath calmly...
after a short while say out loud these 3 sentences (below in blue) in a group of 10.
2nd day hand write them out... again 10 xs.

After that...say these sentences to yourself, silently is fine ,
as much as you can..while driving, brushing your teeth, cleaning the house....just about
doing everything.
You will start the sentences with "I, you, he/she'' because this way you will
program your subconscious mind on all levels, since we respond to all of them as yourself.
When someone talks to you, they will say "You look good"...the "You" is recognized by the subconscious as you.
You overhear:'He sure is a nice guy"...your unconscious mind identifies with the "He" as you...see?

It was cheaper than going to a hypnotist! I must say it was simply uncanny...people were asking, 'What are you doing?' Cuz in 2 weeks they could tell!

I, Susan, only want to eat healthy food, only when I'm hungry.
You, Susan, only want to eat healthy food, only when you're hungry.
She, Susan, only wants to eat healthy food, only when she's hungry.
(This group 10 xs.)

I remember maybe the 3rd day, I was bored, (I realized later)...so went to the refrigerator that was filled with fun, healthy food...lots of salad fixings like at a buffet, really fun stuff; great dressings,
BUT, I was not truly hungry....I stood there and the food looked as
appetizing as turpentine.
I couldn't make myself want to eat anything.
BUT, when I was hungry I ate like normal. Just enough.

Hope this helps someone with their quest...that darn self hypnosis or reprogramming the subconscious is very powerful.

Hahaha, remember: "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough. And doggone it, people like me!"~ Stuart Smalley

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 05:36 AM

9,446 posts, read 6,578,668 times
Thanks. I need to get back into this because it DOES work!

Old 03-18-2017, 05:20 PM

Um, I'm actually amazed.
I gained a few pounds over the winter and then Spring/Summer weather has hit fast
in the SW, USA...so I decided to do the auto suggestion sentences above that worked decades ago...wowsa...I have no appetite!
Unless my stomach tells me to eat...and then I don't have a lot of interest, you know
not enough for seconds...I think it took 2 days to kick in...saying it while driving ...last thing before bed and first thing when i wake up...like 3-4 stanzas.
Uncanny! And I feel great eating so much less! Yay!

Old 03-19-2017, 11:51 PM

678 posts, read 438,256 times
re
"self hypnosis or reprogramming the subconscious is very powerful".
Actually
programming the subconscious is how we all got Imprinted... in the womb by our mommy.
TRUE.
Her subconscious programmed/taught our subconscious her Beliefs, & Emotions, & Thoughts: all of them.
We really had NO choice in the matter. We did not know, how erroneous, or harmful they can be. so
what 'science' claims is 'genetic inheritance', most often is only maternal Imprinting that we all got. &
most of that imprinting you won't be able to over-ride, unless you get helped by someone Skilled...
=== yet
Good for you Susan, for trying to Over-ride yourself: also how you can ask Questions again

Old 03-21-2017, 03:37 AM

How interesting...I got busy and stopped saying these sentences, maybe for a
day and a half....and ...
I saw, "Whoa, I want to make something to eat....but I'm really not hungry!"
Uh-oh....so today getting back on the horse!

PS 'Susan' was just a sample name.
Oh, yeah...I know all about programming and the re-progamming of the subconscious mind!

''I'm good enough, I'm smart enough and doggone it people like me!"
~ Stuart Smalley

(Just a joke, I really do know about it and have practiced Thought Control
for over a decade.)

Old 05-01-2017, 09:36 AM

7 posts, read 7,336 times
Auto-suggestion is a great way to reprogram the mind. You you have to be consistent with it though. Just doing it for a couple of days wil not do you any good. Saying it 100 times every morning and night for a couple of months will be a great way. But the key is repetition with emotion. Otherwise it might not penetrate the subconscious. The subconscious mind is what's controlling 95% of our behaviour - I am referring to habits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss