Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 05:58 AM

10,363 posts, read 20,848,096 times

Advertisements

Indian food sometimes doesn't use onions or garlic and maybe you can call ahead and have a conversation with them. I think that there is a region in India that doesn't use these and they use another flavor enhancer instead which is asafoetida--perhaps a google search will help identify the region and then, depending on how big your city is, perhaps you can find one of these places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2017, 06:47 AM

240 posts, read 268,698 times
Are there a few local places that you go to more frequently? Maybe that way you can learn more about what they serve. If you are a frequent customer, can you ask questions about ingredients and ask if they have selections that don't have onion and garlic? It might be difficult but maybe worth a try.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:53 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,559,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
How is the baby now?

I don't know if this is a solution since I usually just want to eat and go. Plus I'm assuming going to a privately owned establishment will be very expensive to do daily.

I tend to make my own breakfast and lunch. But after work I eat it out because I have a long commute before I get home.
This sounds like a self created problem. You can cook for an entire week in a couple of hours on Sunday. You'll have homemade dinner ready and waiting every night.

Old 03-27-2017, 04:57 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,302,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I tend to make my own breakfast and lunch. But after work I eat it out because I have a long commute before I get home.
You don't "have" to eat out. Pack a meal to eat after work, or at least enough of a snack to tide you over and then eat when you get home. It's only for a few weeks, right? You can adjust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss