Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 12:29 AM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times

Advertisements

About ten pounds in less than a day. Obviously mostly water. Hot double century and I couldn't stay hydrated. Maybe two pounds from fat/glycogen and the other eight was just water. It sucked. Bonked once as I was putting in so much fluids I was cramping up and just sat on a rock on the side of the road for 20 minutes. Most of the day was just spent dehydrated and weak. The only newsworthy thing was how much being dehydrated sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2017, 01:07 AM

4,490 posts, read 3,928,486 times
I've been losing 1 1/2 - 2 pounds a week on Nutrisystem over the last 13 weeks and I'm pretty sure it's not water weight. Not fast, but hopefully more permanent than "crash" diets.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:25 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,744,531 times
Losing weight fast isnt the way to go.... as our bodies will lose lean muscle as well, if were not eating the proper food... Ive crash dieted for holidays in the past.. I felt shaky and unwell, and didnt stick to the weight I became.. I dont think many do..now Im on a good food plan, been doing it for seven weeks, havent weighed myself yet and to be honest dont want to...scales are controlling and we dont all suit being what others weigh.... I go with getting into trousers and jackets that were too tight.. then Im happy.... Ive now started to use my Pilates ring daily.. great wee thing that really works on areas you need sorted.. and works fast.. Its not the weight I am but where fat sits that annoys me.. so if I get rid of all the small bumps and lumps Ill be happy.... Ive cut out butter and cheese which I loved.. no sweets biscuits cakes , crisps, chips, and bread has been cut down... not cut out just reduced , I dont drink alcohol now so not an issue... If I do feel like something sweet I have very low fat yogurt poured over an apple cut in small pieces.. or some low cal hot chocolate, that takes away sweet cravings for me. and is working.. I dont get shaky or feel hungry all the time as Ive done on previous attempts in the past... or hear my tummy growling.... This time Im determined to keep to this as I feel better , can do much more around the house, and starting to look better too... Eat a piece of chicken , lean steak or fish every day, your body needs it for muscle..

Old 05-20-2017, 02:47 AM

465 posts, read 418,260 times
i lost 10 pounds in 2 days because of a mean case of explosive diarrhea

Old 05-20-2017, 02:51 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Lost 18lbs in six weeks...
While ten would have put me on the slender side..
My nutrition has been limited ...So the loss keeps happening.
Concerned since my clothes droop and there is only so much "taking in" that clothes can be altered.
I look sickly and most likely am.
It's not a happy weight loss...

Old 05-20-2017, 08:12 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Where2now22 View Post
i lost 10 pounds in 2 days because of a mean case of explosive diarrhea
So that must be why you lose 5 pounds after drinking the disgusting pre-surgery drink that cleans out your innards they make you swallow if you are having certain kids of surgery in the abdominal area.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:14 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
I lost 190 pounds the last time I got divorced.....LOL

Seriously, I lost over 100 pounds in about 3 months but I was drinking and not eating.

Old 05-25-2017, 08:02 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Food poisoning.

We're talking REAL fast!
But it wasn't pretty.
I lost 11 lb overnight. No, not pretty at all.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:31 AM

4 posts, read 3,780 times
Make sure you seriously ill? Horrible, thus adversely affecting your health. According to the research shows, the maximum 1 day only lose 1 pound. You need additional nutrients substances to restore health to the body right now.

Old 05-26-2017, 12:06 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,639,558 times
The fastest I've ever lost weight was back in my 20s when I was doing lots of cardio and no weight training. I later realized I was losing muscle along with fat cause I was losing roughly 5 pounds per week. Given that I wasn't severely overweight to begin with, that should've been a red flag. But seeing the number on the scale move so much was too motivating. When it comes to fat, there's only so fast the body can breakdown and burn stored fat. Remember, the whole point we store fat in the first place is to provide us with a reserve in times of scarcity. I doubt evolution would favor a body that burns through fat too quickly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss