Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2017, 08:36 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,489,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
If I'm going to eat junk food, I'm going to eat the best tasting junk food I can find,
This is my thought process too. I don't get junk food very often, so it has to be something really really good. Which is why I listed a different "favorite place" in my original post to this thread for each item I might be wanting.

This also keeps my junk intake to a minimum because my favorite burger joint (I usually go to a local chain) doesn't have great fries. I don't want to eat substandard fries just because they're handy because then I'll keep thinking about how much better they could have been and feel cheated that I used my treat meal for these. There's no way I'll drive another 5 minutes to get good fries then eat a cold burger by the time I get home. So I take the burger home and eat it and even if I still want fries I never get back in the car to go get them. I'd rather feel virtuous that I only had a cheeseburger than feel cheated that I wasted junk calories on bad fries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2017, 08:50 AM

4,978 posts, read 5,766,438 times
I will go to Five Guys and get a bacon cheeseburger with mayo, lettuce, pickles, and mushrooms. No bun, no fries.

Wendy's I will order a bunless baconator, no ketchup, wrapped in lettuce.

I can also order a bunless burger at McDonald's, but it's not my preferred choice.

Old 06-08-2017, 03:30 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,527,393 times
will occasionally hit Subway if I have too ( work day and in a hurry) but even then, go with grilled chicken on whole grain bread. That's as far as I stray into the "fast food" venues.

Old 06-09-2017, 03:12 PM

5 posts, read 4,047 times
I sometimes get the grilled chicken sandwiches at fast food restaurants (like McD or Chickfila), sometimes a small cheeseburger as well. But definitely no soda, and no fries -- they are the fastest way to overeat!

Old 06-12-2017, 11:14 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,586,016 times
I cook at home, so I RARELY eat out. Mostly on the road if I have to, I will eat a fast food burger. does not seem to hurt my weight loss progress since its rare. even then I control the portions.

this time on the road, im going to try to eat something better nutrition-wise.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:39 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
$0.99 daily limit, so it's a Wendy's 'Jr Cheeseburger' / no Bun / with Lettuce Wrap

And a free 'key-chain Frosty'

Ironically... No Bun is fairly common in PNW USA. When I ask for that configuration in SE USA they are alarmed and call the manager to figure out hoe to do that. (Manager scratches head ... "never heard of such a thing, NO BUN!!" )

I caused such confusion in Alabama that they sent the NEXT customer out the door with a 'No-Bun' Baconator. Oh my, that guy came back steaming and yelling at EVERYONE! No Bun!!! a burger with NO BUN!!! what kinda idiot would make a burger with no BUN!!! (as I sat eating my lettuce wrap $0.99 meal...)

Old 06-16-2017, 05:50 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
I didn't eat much fast food before, so I don't go there now that I'm trying to lose.

I got fat on better stuff than that!

Old 06-16-2017, 09:23 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,230,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
$0.99 daily limit, so it's a Wendy's 'Jr Cheeseburger' / no Bun / with Lettuce Wrap

And a free 'key-chain Frosty'

Ironically... No Bun is fairly common in PNW USA. When I ask for that configuration in SE USA they are alarmed and call the manager to figure out hoe to do that. (Manager scratches head ... "never heard of such a thing, NO BUN!!" )

I caused such confusion in Alabama that they sent the NEXT customer out the door with a 'No-Bun' Baconator. Oh my, that guy came back steaming and yelling at EVERYONE! No Bun!!! a burger with NO BUN!!! what kinda idiot would make a burger with no BUN!!! (as I sat eating my lettuce wrap $0.99 meal...)
Lol, that reminds me of when I found myself on a road trip through rural upstate NY, desperately hungry... and ordered a burger without the meat. Must have thought I was joking, drunk, and/or mental. Eventually, I was like "Just give me a ****ing burger, lots of lettuce, tomatoes, pickle, and I'll remove the patty my g.d. self."

Old 06-17-2017, 01:57 PM

1,098 posts, read 901,735 times
Very rarely. But if I do I don't consider it a cheat day or anything. I just have my burger & fries and move on with my life. No big deal. I think dwelling on it is the most unhealthy part.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:51 PM

4,391 posts, read 9,482,956 times
My cheating day would be a cinnamon roll. I can'[t stand fast food establishments. When I used to go there I felt like crap after.

When in doubt read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss