Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2017, 07:33 AM

83 posts, read 68,114 times

Advertisements

Try just eating real food and not food products.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2017, 09:32 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,844,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I think it's BREAD honestly. I love bread so much. That and soda lol.

I also have a bad habit of getting bottles of pink champagne or wine and drinking a whole bottle for dinner. That really adds up. But sometimes that is all I have all day.
I love bread and pasta too. I lost 40 pounds 10 years ago and I never gave up any foods. Even wine. Eliminating food groups was never going to work for me. I ate at a calorie deficit and I worked out. But I was ready to put in the work. If you are not ready mentally you will fail, no matter what avenue you choose to lose weight.
If you LOVE bread eliminating from your life is not going to work, because at some point you are going to want to eat it again. And if you are drinking an entire bottle of wine yourself you may have a drinking problem. I would address that first, otherwise you will not lose an ounce.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:35 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,966,492 times
Quote:
Well i think really truly thinking about it, my biggest problem is that I eat at all parts of the day, bc my job schedule is EVERYWHERE. I tried diets before like, a healthy breakfast lunch and dinner, but the issue is that sometimes I only eat two meals or even one... yet I don't lose any weight. And I run around all day at work and I walk so the calorie burning is there.

Like yesterday I had a medium pizza that I ate on throughout the day, a can of vanilla coke and that's all I had all day.
Each slice of pizza has about 250 calories. So if you finished a medium pizza over the day, you ate 2000 calories in pizza. It's a lot of calories!

Quote:
Yes I like sweet but I try to stay away. Sometimes I get a chicken salad for lunch/dinner, then an apple pie from work for breakfast and that's all I'll eat all day.
Some salads have 1000 calories, some pie slices have 400 calories. While it may not sound like a lot, you could easily be inadvertently eating a ton of calories with things that aren't very satiating.

Quote:
I don't have my own kitchen exactly but I do have a microwave.
I have a crockpot but it smells up the room and it's hard to air it out.

I was thinking about just getting some healthy choice dinners and some tuna fish with crackers. At least I can calorie count with those. I need a diet that's similar and easy to track. I love to cook but just don't have a way to right now.
Try to work on eating more produce, as snacks. A mostly fast food or frozen meal diet doesn't give you a lot of veggies.

It is definitely much harder without a kitchen! If you eat a frozen meal, sodium can be a concern. As well as fiber. So think about ways to get more nutrition in your snacks.

Old 11-22-2017, 06:29 PM

17,574 posts, read 39,253,314 times
OP, you have basically answered your questions here about why you can't lose weight - your diet is awful, and it seems you have a drinking problem.

You need to eat healthier, and cut back on the booze and sweets. No mystery. If you don't care to do that, you will stay overweight. I was once where you are and I conquered it. I like a couple glasses of wine and occasional sweets, but I make sure I make up for it on other days and I exercise a lot every single day.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:03 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,142,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
OP, you have basically answered your questions here about why you can't lose weight - your diet is awful, and it seems you have a drinking problem.

You need to eat healthier, and cut back on the booze and sweets. No mystery. If you don't care to do that, you will stay overweight. I was once where you are and I conquered it. I like a couple glasses of wine and occasional sweets, but I make sure I make up for it on other days and I exercise a lot every single day.
no drinking problem... i just do it occasionally to get a buzz. i'm just in my room and i end up drinking the whole thing. but it's only like 5 percent alcohol. it's easy to drink the whole thing when theres only four glasses worth of wine in it. that i drink throughout a six hour time.

thanks! yeah i need to eat better. i was thinking healthy choice meals. i really need help coming up with a daily meal plan that i can keep up with, something simple.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:04 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,575,950 times
Quote:
no drinking problem... i just do it occasionally to get a buzz. i'm just in my room and i end up drinking the whole thing. but it's only like 5 percent alcohol. it's easy to drink the whole thing when theres only four glasses worth of wine in it. that i drink throughout a six hour time.

thanks! yeah i need to eat better. i was thinking healthy choice meals. i really need help coming up with a daily meal plan that i can keep up with, something simple.
might be the wheat?

carbs aside, wheat causes bloating in some people as well

some beer use wheat too, no idea if that is the alcohol you refer to

Old 11-23-2017, 08:35 AM

7,158 posts, read 12,716,368 times
Hard to eat smart when you work at a fast food place -- and have minimal cooking facilities. But! It can be done.

Some wholesome foods require no cooking. A small can of tuna served over a half an avocado or over a bed of your favorite mixed greens or spinach, for example.

Here's what works for me.
After a long time of trial and error:

Think about a healthy protein coupled with vegetables. A chicken thigh or half breast (you could poach on a hot plate, no stove required) served over or with veggies (cooked or raw such as a salad mix) for example. Small cans of tuna, salmon, sardines. Or a hamburger patty without the bun and with vegetables.

The fewer white carbs you eat such as bread/pasta, pastry, the better. Carbs spike your blood sugar and you feel hungry sooner. Protein and bulky foods such as vegetables keep you on an even keel, more satisfied for longer. So you don't overeat.

And pizza, while yummy, should be a once in a while treat. All that gooey cheese and crust and toppings add up to high calories without a lot of healthy nutrients.

I found that I'm less hungry when I eliminate most of the white carbs -- and that includes all the sugary things, too. Such as soda, baked goods..

Protein and vegetables fill me up and hold my blood sugar steady without the spikes that lead to overeating.

And alcohol? Again, moderation -- it's caloric -- and as for a buzz, try a shot or two of plain booze such as tequila or vodka...less calories and buzz-producing. Just don't make a habit of it and take with food.

Good luck. After a while the protein/vegetable combo becomes second nature and will help you with weight -- and good health -- and good energy.

Old 11-23-2017, 10:51 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,528,530 times
Buy steamables vegetables, mostly the non-starchy variety. Easy to cook in the microwave. Dress with a tsp of olive or avocado oil.

Canned beans count as a vegetable and a protein. Just check to make sure they don't have sugar added, like baked beans. Refried beans are good too. I like to heat them in the microwave and add some hot sauce and salsa.

I know some people cook meat in their microwave but I never mastered that art. Maybe someone else has a good healthy recipe for the microwave.

Old 11-23-2017, 11:47 AM

22,683 posts, read 24,694,053 times
Clean-up your diet, watch your calories, don't overeat or binge-eat.......the weight will most likely come off.

Old 11-23-2017, 02:54 PM

26,463 posts, read 46,747,058 times
Go with a modified paleo diet approach. Meaning: Vegetables, Fruits, Lean Meats, Some Starches, and Water. Reduce carbohydrate consumption and eliminate all wheat. Weight loss will be quite easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss