Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2017, 03:02 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,248,023 times

Advertisements

Stop eating bread, any kind of pasta. You'll be surprised how much weight will come off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2017, 07:25 PM

48,564 posts, read 34,941,456 times
If IRC McDs has salads with more calories then the Big Mac.

Find all the healthy, low cal foods you like and go from there. Buy low carb wraps and chicken breast (luncheon meat) and add veggies, buy hard boiled eggs, snack on carrots and celery and build upon that. It's very budget friendly also.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-24-2017, 01:35 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,243,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
I think it's BREAD honestly. I love bread so much. That and soda lol.

I also have a bad habit of getting bottles of pink champagne or wine and drinking a whole bottle for dinner. That really adds up. But sometimes that is all I have all day.
Seriously, woman? You’re eating pizza and soda all day and sucking down a bottle of wine for dinner, but bread is the problem??

Old 11-24-2017, 11:28 PM

1,304 posts, read 1,140,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Mathlete View Post
Seriously, woman? You’re eating pizza and soda all day and sucking down a bottle of wine for dinner, but bread is the problem??
Sometimes I'm busy and all I have is a slice of pizza... for the whole day.

Old 11-25-2017, 01:58 PM

7,148 posts, read 12,692,405 times
[quote=upsadaisy;50219206]Sometimes I'm busy and all I have is a slice of pizza... for the whole day.[/QUOTE

And that's not good. Messes up your metabolism. Get some quality power bars. cheese cubes, nuts, etc. and eat them during the day to keep your blood sugar in balance...your body may revert to starvation mode with one slice of pizza all day -- and hold onto fat to keep you alive...

Old 11-26-2017, 09:50 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,832,451 times
[quote=LittleDolphin;50222906]
Quote:
Sometimes I'm busy and all I have is a slice of pizza... for the whole day.[/QUOTE

And that's not good. Messes up your metabolism. Get some quality power bars. cheese cubes, nuts, etc. and eat them during the day to keep your blood sugar in balance...your body may revert to starvation mode with one slice of pizza all day -- and hold onto fat to keep you alive...
The body is not going to go into starvation mode because she only eats one slice of pizza. Depending on whats on that slice it could be highly caloric. What she is doing is fasting for part of the day and there are numerous well documented studies that show intermittent fasting is very good for you.

If she is not careful nuts and cheese will add up quickly on the calorie count, and I don't think she is ready to go Keto or low carb. She is drinking a bottle of wine to herself. She clearly has some other issues that need to be addressed before committing to any kind of diet.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:28 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,510,249 times
OP works in fast food, and they usually get a free meal on their shift. It does feel like a waste not to take advantage of that. You didn't specifically say which chain, but if you can get a grilled chicken breast sandwich, have that with just the bottom bun and leave off the mayo and cheese. Top it with lettuce and tomato. Bring your own fresh fruit and vegetable sticks. Drink water or iced tea.

You say you often eat pizza so I'm thinking you might work at a pizza joint. That makes it harder. Their salad dressings are often laden with calories. Take your own. They have a spray-on vinaigrette that's actually pretty good and very low calorie. If you must eat pizza, make it a thin crust with vegetables for the topping. If your chain offers a chicken topping that would work well on pizza or salad as long as it's baked or sauteed without breading.

A bottle of dry wine has around 800 calories, and the sweet wines have more. Cut that consumption to just a couple glasses per week. It's a really bad idea to drink your calories when you're trying to lose weight because liquids aren't as filling as real food. So it's a good idea to cut out any soda and fruit juice as well. Vegetable juice is low enough in calories that it should be okay.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:46 PM

11,133 posts, read 7,199,272 times
Quote:
I've been trying to lose the same 15-20 lbs FOREVER. But for some reason I just can't do it. I weigh around 150 lbs and I hate it.

I work in fast food, so I do eat that but I try to at least pair it with a salad and I do watch my calories.
Several ways you can lose weight:

- Avoid fast food, period. Also white bread and pasta
- Replace aforementioned food with lots of vegetables, fruit, and fiber
- Reduce your calorie/caloric intake
- Go on a fast (you get rid of weight really quickly)
- Do colemics (flushes of stored old junk in the colon)
- Exercise

Doing even two or three of these will make a huge difference. The more the better.

Old 11-26-2017, 09:15 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,141,395 times
Quote:
I really need to try this! I love bread so this will be hard. Pizza, pasta.. I love all of it. I'm aso bad at drinking water. I used to be better at it
you will get used to drinking water, but it could take 3 weeks to detox from sugar and reset your taste buds. Ive done it, soda will be too sweet at that point. Breads are harder, but once you see the energy you get from eating better, you will stick with it.

Old 11-27-2017, 08:54 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,508,787 times
I understand that working in fast food is a challenge, but as you already know fast food is laden with calories and salt. I'd suggest you get your main nutrition from the other meals and have the fast food meal be the smallest. Try to get food that you can eat on the go, but try and have one sit down meal at home. Stick with the grilled items for fast food OR a kid's meal size burger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss