Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 03:23 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,121,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktravern View Post
Well for one, your are generally the fighting size of say Brock Lesnar, smaller actually. Do you train at all b/c that weight could actually look decent on you.

I can't agree with everybody about fruit. It does nothing for me. I don't find fruit filling or satisfying.

I have found small Atkins bars to be helpful. Will give you a boost of protein and a huge helping of fiber as well.
Brock Lesnar is (A) a genetic freak and (B) does a lot more than train at all. The dude's basically a giant slab. I mean, I'm stocky but I'm not Brock Lesnar stocky. Also nowhere near as buff and half a foot shorter. Six three, 260 is downright heavy for an NFL linebacker who do a bit more than a bit of training. Light (and short) for an offensive tackle, but almost all of them are tub tubs, human foie gras with ton of muscle. Basically every time the NFL drafts a tackle that isn't already a tub tub they immediately hook the feeding tubes up... not that either MMA or NFL are good examples of what to do if trying to avoid future health complications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 04:11 PM

2,170 posts, read 3,306,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Brock Lesnar is (A) a genetic freak and (B) does a lot more than train at all. The dude's basically a giant slab. I mean, I'm stocky but I'm not Brock Lesnar stocky. Also nowhere near as buff and half a foot shorter. Six three, 260 is downright heavy for an NFL linebacker who do a bit more than a bit of training. Light (and short) for an offensive tackle, but almost all of them are tub tubs, human foie gras with ton of muscle. Basically every time the NFL drafts a tackle that isn't already a tub tub they immediately hook the feeding tubes up... not that either MMA or NFL are good examples of what to do if trying to avoid future health complications.
Ok, you wanna say genetic freaks and possibly enhanced.....FINE. But that doesn't mean you have to look like ass at that weight either. In the past through eating and lifting, I've been 245-250 myself at 6'2, and although I was all "lean" muscle per say, I didn't have a big belly either. But from reading into the OP's posting history, I'm getting the feeling that he has esteem issues and is not even really trying to put in the hard work. If you don't have much muscle, its fairly easy I think to come down from anything over 250.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:49 PM

9,952 posts, read 6,670,049 times
OP are you on any medications at all? You say you are healthy now, but there are some medications that might make you crave sugary, fatty foods. I was on one of those medications and once I stopped it, I found that immediately some foods seemed way too sweet or I didn’t crave as large of servings as I craved before. I still eat sweets, but it isn’t the same level of obsession I had previously.

I second the recommendation for flavored/herbal teas in the evening. While I do love a nice dessert, I usually get flavored herbal teas for the evenings or during the day. In many cases, hunger is thirst anyway, and they can fill you up while still giving you some flavor. I do not sweeten anything either.

Old 12-04-2017, 11:06 PM

1,081 posts, read 1,812,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
OP are you on any medications at all? .
I take Trintellix and risperidone . One of the side effects of trintellix is weight gain too. I have only been taking it for two months but the risperidone I have been taking for over three years

Old 12-06-2017, 02:43 PM

11,085 posts, read 7,146,060 times
There are all types of fruit available, raisins, raw honey. Plenty of sweets free of refined sugar. I rich variety, along with mental focus, should resolve cravings.

Old 12-06-2017, 07:18 PM

6,103 posts, read 8,816,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
There are all types of fruit available, raisins, raw honey. Plenty of sweets free of refined sugar. I rich variety, along with mental focus, should resolve cravings.
Honey and raisins are pretty much pure sugar. Your body is going to treat them as such. Both are marginally more nutritious than plain sugar, but not by much.
Your body is not going to react any different if you eat a tablespoon of honey or a tablespoon of sugar. Honey has some benefits - it is actually sweeter than sugar so you can use less. Honey has been known to help with allergies. But your body will metabolise it the exact same way it does with sugar - refined or not.

Old 12-08-2017, 03:43 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,117,780 times
I agree with those who recommend you just STOP for a month (or more). I once had an insatiable sweet tooth, and consumed unbelievable amounts of processed sugar in the form of pastries, cookies, candy, cake, etc. every single day. I was overweight and quite sick. After becoming Type 2 diabetic I quit all that and lost a ton of weight, and now sweets seem overly sweet to me. I can only eat a tiny bit, and I never crave them. It is almost like a miracle to me. However, it is key that I don't start eating them every day, because I have noticed it can "open the floodgates" again.

Old 12-09-2017, 07:49 AM

2,272 posts, read 6,667,940 times
I echo those who have said to just stop eating anything sweet, even sweets made with artificial sweeteners. The longer you go without, the easier it will be. That said, stopping is not easy at all for some people, just like with any addictive substance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss