U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 08:17 AM
Status: "We're all broken, that's how the light gets in." (set 19 days ago)

55,875 posts, read 44,307,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Lactose is a sugar by the way. Nothing wrong with healthy fats. It's fats and sugars combined which are especially bad and by sugars I also mean refined carbs such as white flour. Fats and sugars combined taste the best but are the worst for us. Ice cream is a good example of that.
I know that lactose is a form of sugar. Like I said, I don't personally have a problem processing sugars in moderation so it doesn't matter to me that lactose is a form of sugar. I don't really get your point but that's OK too.

I read labels. I'm pretty well informed when it comes to types of food and fuel for our bodies. I also believe that not everyone reacts the same to every substance and that for some people sugars or diary or gluten or eggs or whatever are more difficult to process than for other people.

For me personally I have to avoid gluten and cut back significantly on fats in order to feel comfortable digestive wise and to lose weight. Some other people cut out grains and that's what works for them. Some cut out many fats, and some cut out sugar. Some people simply have to count calories and can eat just about anything as long as they stay in a weight loss range (that varies from person to person as well).

My advice is to find the formula that works best for you, be sure you're getting a good bunch of nutrients, and generally speaking eat more veggies and fruits - the more intense the color the better. But hey, that's just general advice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss