Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 1,500 times

Advertisements

If you are feeling the weight loss process does not work out as you want Or you do not know what types of carb should be cut to make weight loss easier.

I know many people want to lose weight but they do not know which carbs to cut so their weight loss becomes more difficult
So,If you want a flat belly you should cut back the 4 carbs:
• Whole wheat bread
• Whole-grain pasta
• Bran flakes and other wheat-based “fiber” cereals
• Whole wheat tortillas and wraps

Despite having more fiber than their “white” counterparts, these 4 high-fiber foods are typically overconsumed, and they can destroy your blood sugar and give rapid rise to the fat-storing hormone insulin. In fact, believe it or not, 2 slices of whole wheat bread can raise blood sugar higher than a can of sugar-sweetened soda or even a sugary candy bar.

This is because the wheat of today is nothing like the wheat of generations ago, having been genetically modified by the food industry, mutated, and exposed to industrial toxins and radiation to force an unnatural higher yield at the expense of your health.

These harmful wheat products, although praised by food manufacturers as healthy for their fiber and “whole grain” content, are a major cause of the raging obesity epidemic in western society today. Even more, because they are so rapidly digested, these foods provide virtually no metabolic benefit during digestion, resulting in less than optimal metabolic rates, and ever-expanding bellies worldwide.

⇒The 5 Best Carbs for a Flat Belly:

• Berries and Cherries: Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
• Mixed Beans : Black beans, dried peas, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, lentils, lima beans, navy beans, pinto beans, and more.
• Quinoa
• Sprouted Grain Bread
• Vegetables : Asparagus,Beets,Bell peppers,Bok choy,Broccoli,Brussels sprouts,Cabbage,Carrots,Cauliflower,Celery,Collard greens,Cucumbers,Eggplant,Fennel,Garlic,Green beans,Kale,Leaks,Mushrooms,Onions,Romaine lettuce,Sea vegetables,Spinach,Squash,Tomatoes,Turnip greens
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2018, 09:56 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,832,973 times
and this is POC material how? this is in the wrong forum my friend, get the mods to move it for you.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:07 PM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
Could be controversial.

Surely, there's someone who disagrees with the OP.

Old 07-20-2018, 10:41 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelshih View Post
If you are feeling the weight loss process does not work out as you want Or you do not know what types of carb should be cut to make weight loss easier.

I know many people want to lose weight but they do not know which carbs to cut so their weight loss becomes more difficult
So,If you want a flat belly you should cut back the 4 carbs:
• Whole wheat bread
• Whole-grain pasta
• Bran flakes and other wheat-based “fiber” cereals
• Whole wheat tortillas and wraps

Despite having more fiber than their “white” counterparts, these 4 high-fiber foods are typically overconsumed, and they can destroy your blood sugar and give rapid rise to the fat-storing hormone insulin. In fact, believe it or not, 2 slices of whole wheat bread can raise blood sugar higher than a can of sugar-sweetened soda or even a sugary candy bar.

This is because the wheat of today is nothing like the wheat of generations ago, having been genetically modified by the food industry, mutated, and exposed to industrial toxins and radiation to force an unnatural higher yield at the expense of your health.

These harmful wheat products, although praised by food manufacturers as healthy for their fiber and “whole grain” content, are a major cause of the raging obesity epidemic in western society today. Even more, because they are so rapidly digested, these foods provide virtually no metabolic benefit during digestion, resulting in less than optimal metabolic rates, and ever-expanding bellies worldwide.

⇒The 5 Best Carbs for a Flat Belly:

• Berries and Cherries: Blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries
• Mixed Beans : Black beans, dried peas, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, lentils, lima beans, navy beans, pinto beans, and more.
• Quinoa
• Sprouted Grain Bread
• Vegetables : Asparagus,Beets,Bell peppers,Bok choy,Broccoli,Brussels sprouts,Cabbage,Carrots,Cauliflower,Celery,Collard greens,Cucumbers,Eggplant,Fennel,Garlic,Green beans,Kale,Leaks,Mushrooms,Onions,Romaine lettuce,Sea vegetables,Spinach,Squash,Tomatoes,Turnip greens
This is not politics and in some cases yu are correct others not so much. Read The Plant Paradox" if you want to understand far more than you think yu know now. After I read it, I lost all of my excess fat, flat stomach, sugar and cholesterol and all of my numbers much better, 12% bodyfat and 44.2% muscle, ideal BMI.

Old 07-21-2018, 02:03 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
This is not politics and in some cases yu are correct others not so much. Read The Plant Paradox" if you want to understand far more than you think yu know now. After I read it, I lost all of my excess fat, flat stomach, sugar and cholesterol and all of my numbers much better, 12% bodyfat and 44.2% muscle, ideal BMI.
As one who agreed with my post (but whom I largely disagree with politically) who also is a nutritionist and PP advocate mentioned in repping my post, it only works if you comply with the advice.

About complying with the advice of The Plant Paradox, hard to be more than 90% compliant...I was probably 90% whilst I was losing my weight and gut. Now that I want to maintain my current weight, I might be 80% compliant and I just moved a day ago to Baku, Azerbaijan for 6 months so have to find the food I need to even do that.

I guess the advice of the Plant Paradox is quite controversial as it directly contradicts some of the advice of the OP.

Old 07-21-2018, 03:22 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
As one who agreed with my post (but whom I largely disagree with politically) who also is a nutritionist and PP advocate mentioned in repping my post, it only works if you comply with the advice.

About complying with the advice of The Plant Paradox, hard to be more than 90% compliant...I was probably 90% whilst I was losing my weight and gut. Now that I want to maintain my current weight, I might be 80% compliant and I just moved a day ago to Baku, Azerbaijan for 6 months so have to find the food I need to even do that.

I guess the advice of the Plant Paradox is quite controversial as it directly contradicts some of the advice of the OP.

Yeah, I was going to tease you about the previous post with an 'I didn't know merely reading accomplished all of that' post, but it sounds as though the nutritionist/PP advocate essentially beat me to it.

Old 07-21-2018, 07:22 AM

9,361 posts, read 14,304,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelshih View Post

If you are feeling the weight loss process does not work out as you want ... foods are typically overconsumed,

Each person is a bit different.

I cut down on wheat, but it is still a staple of my diet, cut down on all portions of everything, and lost some 40 lbs, now at ideal weight (according to common BMI measurements).

Certain beans tend to make me feel bloated and gassy, especially if overconsumed.

Overconsumed can be measured differently for different people.

"Organic" wheat flour is readily available. If you believe it when they label foodstuffs as "organic".

Mutations, industrial toxins, and radiation must have by now permeated the entire atmosphere and soils, not just specifically wheat.

Just for example, a pediatrician insists on not eating rice because, he claims, the soils are contaminated with arsenic.

I can understand repeating a mantra of portion control as a general rule, but this constant propaganda against wheat in particular stinks of self-serving.

Anyway, know yourself, moderation in everything, and hope for the best!

Old 07-26-2018, 03:51 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Flattest belly I've ever been I ate a ton of carbs, and ones way worse than whole wheat bread. One of my favorites, which is wasn't really mine as it's been a staple forever, is the ham and jam sandwich. The actual staple is croissant ham and jam. I used English muffins. Yum. White bread strongly preferred for the faster blood sugar hit with as much jam as can be contained (advantage croissant). Still have those, but it's only a few times a year instead of 5-10 a week. That's the real secret to a flat belly, at least five ham and jams a week!

Old 08-01-2018, 11:26 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
On the other hand whole wheat contains betaine, which like choline helps shuttle fat out of the liver. If you want to eat bread, that sara lee high fiber bread with 45 calories a slice is a good bet.

Any carbs are going to stall your progress because they tend to be addicting and people simply overeat calories. There are of course certain genetically gifted freaks ^^^^^ that can eat as much sugary junk as they want and still have a flat stomach.

Old 08-01-2018, 12:07 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,473,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
On the other hand whole wheat contains betaine, which like choline helps shuttle fat out of the liver. If you want to eat bread, that sara lee high fiber bread with 45 calories a slice is a good bet.

Any carbs are going to stall your progress because they tend to be addicting and people simply overeat calories. There are of course certain genetically gifted freaks ^^^^^ that can eat as much sugary junk as they want and still have a flat stomach.
Of course there are. There are people that can eat all day long and be as thin as a board, doesn't mean they are healthy necessarily. There are all kinds and exceptions to everything but of course we are not speaking about those. The majority of people however are not like that and I say that simply by just looking around. How many people are obese and overweight and how many are not, and how many health problems come from being obese? THAT tells me what the majority is. It's obvious and in plain sight. You will always have people contradicting what is obvious. The SAD and the beloved food pyramid is not working out is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss