Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2018, 07:31 AM

371 posts, read 368,938 times

Advertisements

Which do you find to be better fitbit or Apple watch for workouts and tracking? I own both and I prefer the Apple watch but a lot of people tell me the fitbit is better. I find that hard to believe because my cardiologist actually prefers the readings from the Apple watch but of course there are a lot of people telling me he is wrong. What do you all use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2018, 12:44 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,562,039 times
I like my fitbit AltaHR and it's fine for checking resting pulse but it's not good for tracking heart rate during workouts. There's a noticeable lag in showing increases and drops.

The fitness devotees in my women's running group swear by their Garmins.

Old 04-22-2018, 03:06 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,406,757 times
I prefer my Apple Watch. I used a Fitbit for years though.

Old 04-22-2018, 11:15 PM

294 posts, read 295,302 times
I have a Fitbit (well, more than one). Since I have an iPhone and iPad I would theoretically love to have an Apple Watch. The deal breaker is that it has to be recharged more often so can't be worn 24/7. Fitbits usually go about 4 days between charges and charge quickly so I can do it while sitting at my desk (well, I did before I got a second Fitbit...now I wear the second one while the other one is charged). But I like the sleep tracking on the Fitbit and like measuring HR 24/7 so wouldn't like having to charge my Apple Watch overnight. If it ever gets to be an equal to Fitbit in that way then I might try it.

Old 04-26-2018, 07:03 AM

271 posts, read 447,958 times
I love my apple watch, I have the LTE/4G version I received for Christmas and even though it is not tethered to my cell plan I can go at least two days on a single charge. The apps are fantastic, the integration into myfitnesspal works great and all the other native apple fitness (Activity) apps have been flawless. The watch can be a bit sluggish at times but comparing to my iPhone7+ my expectations are high. I would say for me as a 5-6 x a week gym rat, the fitness tracking is by far my favorite thing on the watch.

Apple watch also has lots of other goodies I enjoy, seeing alerts, hand off for phone calls, text, weather, all kinds of cool stuff. Yes I am a bit of an apple fanboy but I have never been disappointed in their products either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss