Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2018, 06:17 PM

4,927 posts, read 2,929,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'm somewhat shocked by this... vegan + fasting, yet not losing weight.
Seems to me like you're doing everything right.

Most tall women I've known had no problem staying thin.
I dated a very tall woman years ago... she was 6'7" (I'm 5'9") and she had trouble keeping weight on.
Just goes to show how everyone's situation is different.
I'm not overweight. I'm really doing it for the autophagy and to look elegant for auditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2018, 06:34 PM

13,449 posts, read 15,566,779 times
Quote:
I'm somewhat shocked by this... vegan + fasting, yet not losing weight.
Seems to me like you're doing everything right.

Most tall women I've known had no problem staying thin.
I dated a very tall woman years ago... she was 6'7" (I'm 5'9") and she had trouble keeping weight on.
Just goes to show how everyone's situation is different.
Tall women can get fat like any other woman. I’m 5 10 and used to weigh over 220. I was fat. The only difference between tall and petite women is that we can weigh more and the weight may be carried in a way to give the impression of being thin. I weigh 150 that may seem big to some people but I’m tall and it’s just right for me. I have to work hard to maintain my shape like anyone else. It doesn’t just come naturally I work for it.

Old 11-23-2018, 06:39 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,298,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
I'm not overweight. I'm really doing it for the autophagy and to look elegant for auditions.
Just curious... what are you auditioning for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
The only difference between tall and petite women is that we can weigh more and the weight may be carried in a way to give the impression of being thin.
No doubt about that. The lady I dated probably weighed more than I did but she looked thin and I didn't.
I never asked her if she played basketball, even though she was taller than most WNBA players.
I'm going to guess that everyone asked her that, which I'm sure would get tiresome after awhile.

Last edited by eaton53; 11-23-2018 at 06:52 PM..

Old 11-23-2018, 06:54 PM

57 posts, read 60,733 times
Default No loss this month either

Quote:
Didn't eat that much yesterday and this morning could barely drink my coffee and eat a little left over dressing before I had to stop because I couldn't stand to eat any more. OMAD definitely NOT a problem because seven hours later I still feel full.

Problem is, I bought a really nice scale and have been weighing myself every morning --but I'm not losing any weight! What's going on? Did my metabolism slow down? I feel fine and my clothes are looser.

I don't get it.

IF OMAD 22:2
If it makes you feel any better I have not lost weight this month either. I am on 20:4. Overall I have lost eight pounds on my 20:4 in eighty days, and an additional 9 pounds on 16:8 the prior year. On my 20:4 I am eating as much as I want. I am happy with my weight now I am 5 ft 8 and 155 pounds. I am continuing on time restricted feeding because, beyond weight loss, I believe the 20 hours of daily fasting is good for my health.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad70 View Post
I am happy with my weight now I am 5 ft 8 and 155 pounds.
Heck, I'd be happy to get under 180.
The only way I ever got there before was by getting cancer. The current method (lo carb + fasting) will certainly be easier.
When I was 20 years old I weighed 172. That was 40 years ago.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:18 PM

Auditioning for a position in a baroque chamber orchestra; I'm a violinist. I was 6'3" in high school (very tall c. late '60's, now, not so much). People were constantly asking me if I played basketball. "No; I play the violin."

Looks are very important in the classical music world, and you have to be fit, as well. I did this when I was younger but quit to raise my son. It involves a lot of traveling. He graduated from law school, passed the bar this summer, and has a job in a large firm as an investigator for civil cases. So we'll see.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Auditioning for a position in a baroque chamber orchestra; I'm a violinist. I was 6'3" in high school (very tall c. late '60's, now, not so much). People were constantly asking me if I played basketball. "No; I play the violin."

Looks are very important in the classical music world, and you have to be fit, as well. I did this when I was younger but quit to raise my son. It involves a lot of traveling. He graduated from law school, passed the bar this summer, and has a job in a large firm as an investigator for civil cases. So we'll see.
Wow, I had no idea you had to be more than a very good player.
I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

(My answer to that would be "Luck has nothing to do with it!")

Old 11-23-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Wow, I had no idea you had to be more than a very good player.
I wish you the best of luck in your endeavor.

(My answer to that would be "Luck has nothing to do with it!")
You have to have substantial training and experience but luck does have a lot to do with it also; a lot depends on who else is auditioning that day, and who is doing the hiring.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:36 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,854,410 times
Try and only weigh yourself once a week. Its hard to do, but you will get a more accurate read on your loss. Daily weighings can mess with your mind.

Old 11-23-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
You have to have substantial training and experience but luck does have a lot to do with it also; a lot depends on who else is auditioning that day, and who is doing the hiring.
At your level, everyone can play and it's more mental than physical.
I'm sure you know you can beat 'em out for the position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
Try and only weigh yourself once a week. Its hard to do, but you will get a more accurate read on your loss. Daily weighings can mess with your mind.
I weigh myself daily, but Saturday morning is the one that counts.
Because of Thanksgiving, Sunday morning will be the one that counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss