Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2019, 06:02 PM

227 posts, read 249,118 times

Advertisements

What is the best way to try and lose 2lbs a week (is that possible?)? I’m a 29yo female, 5’2, and 153lbs. I’m starting Orangetheory next week and plan on going at least 4x a week. Also, I am joining my local gym to take yoga, cycling, etc the days I’m not at OT.

I’m going on a huge vacation mid-May and want to look the best that I can. Is it safe to say I’ll be able to lose 20lbs by then? I know my diet plays a huge role, which is why I’m asking this question. I would really appreciate any advice on how to reach my goal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2019, 06:21 PM

6,102 posts, read 8,851,095 times
At your age you should be able to drop an average of 2 pounds a week. How you choose to lose it will be up to you. If you love carbs as in whole grains, pasta, rice, etc... Low carb may not be what you want to do, especially if you are going vacation where chances are really good you will eat carbs. If that happens you will gain the weight back fairly quickly.
Counting calories might be a better option for you since you can learn how to eat any food you want but in moderation.

If you can live without grains in your life then low carb is a good option.

Whichever way you choose eat fresh foods. Plan on cooking and doing meal prep. Making a food journal is a great idea. You can go to a site like Sparkpeople.com or Myfitnesspal.com and there you can log your food, plus get other good information.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:45 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,024,358 times
Weight is lost in the kitchen, muscles are built at the gym - and both are great option!

Figure out your TDEE (https://tdeecalculator.net) and eat 1000 calories less per day for an average of 2 pounds per week of weight loss BUT NOT LESS THAN 1200 calories per day - adult women need a minimum of 1200 calories per day for proper nutrition and health.

Focus on protein - try to get approximately 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Low carb is fine if that works for you. I simply keep my carbs to 200 or less per day.

Do what works for you, but also stay healthy. Good luck!

Old 01-26-2019, 08:16 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,295,126 times
I have not had an issue with exercising while fasting, but everyone's different.
What I'm doing is definitely not for everyone, but diabetics have to take it to a different level than "regular" people.

Last edited by eaton53; 01-26-2019 at 08:46 AM..

Old 01-26-2019, 11:11 PM

33,345 posts, read 12,665,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy_C View Post
Weight is lost in the kitchen, muscles are built at the gym - and both are great option!

Figure out your TDEE (https://tdeecalculator.net) and eat 1000 calories less per day for an average of 2 pounds per week of weight loss BUT NOT LESS THAN 1200 calories per day - adult women need a minimum of 1200 calories per day for proper nutrition and health.

Focus on protein - try to get approximately 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Low carb is fine if that works for you. I simply keep my carbs to 200 or less per day.

Do what works for you, but also stay healthy. Good luck!

Thanks for posting the link to that calculator .

It's better than the ones I have uncovered.

Old 01-27-2019, 09:12 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,592,845 times
Throw in a fasting day or 2 per week.
The easiest way to go is to chose 1 day that nothing special is going to happen, and only drink water/coffee(black, no sugar, no milk, nothing in it)/tea(no sugar, no milk, no citrus, nothing). until it's dinner time again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss