Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2019, 06:30 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraZetterberg153 View Post
Body weight exercises? That don't strain the neck in any way?
If you are doing exercises that focus solely on the lower body while upright, you shouldn’t be straining your neck. There are probably a lot of barre-type exercises you can do that are quite effective that would use support with a chair/counter. I do them all the time and my legs/lower body end up fatigued. It is really only when you get on the ground and have to worry about not straining your neck that it becomes a problem. You can also use items like resistance bands in the lower body to make those exercises more difficult/effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2019, 04:50 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
You can also use items like resistance bands in the lower body to make those exercises more difficult/effective.
For some reason, I get really bad tendonitis in my left elbow when I use resistance bands.

Old 03-30-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
For some reason, I get really bad tendonitis in my left elbow when I use resistance bands.
The OP wouldn’t be using them on her arms because she has neck issues. She’s using them on her legs (just the loops).

Old 03-31-2019, 12:44 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamenAddict View Post
The OP wouldn’t be using them on her arms because she has neck issues. She’s using them on her legs (just the loops).
Don't you have to hold on to them? That's all it takes to make my elbow hurt.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Don't you have to hold on to them? That's all it takes to make my elbow hurt.
You hold onto them with your legs, not your arms. They are looped somewhere around your legs, depending on the exercise. You can also use a squishy ball for many exercises as well. There are a lot of good lower body exercises you can do with both the loop and the ball standing with a chair/counter for support. You would engage your core too if you do the exercises right, but you would not be putting any real tension on your upper body.

Old 03-31-2019, 06:17 PM

810 posts, read 871,229 times
The seated leg press machine gets the largest muscles in your body, the quadiceps. And the seated leg curl machine. This won't hurt your neck and will strengthen the lower half of your body.

Old 06-28-2022, 04:33 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
Bumping up. So do we know if replacing hormones lost at menopause with HRT (estrogen/progresterone) helps or hurts weight loss? What about adding testosterone?

Old 06-28-2022, 08:02 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
You can get your hormone levels tested and have a compound mixed that addresses anything that's low. I had that done fairly recently and I don't notice any change in weight either way but I do know that I am sleeping better! I also look and feel good. Great actually.

For me, I had lowish estrogen (not bottomed out but on the low side) and progesterone but my testosterone was fine. They simply mixed a cream compound containing some estrogen and progesterone and I rub that on my forearms daily and I'm fine as frog's hair now.

YMMV!

The older I get, the harder it seems it is to lose weight. Oh well. I mean, I can still lose weight but it's just slower. I have to really count calories, avoid gluten, and weigh every day at the same time. If I do those things, I'm fine, but it's still slow going. I lose about a pound a week doing that and if I stop it, I slowly gain weight back.

Old 07-01-2022, 02:52 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,255,001 times
I just listened to a podcast about this. I learned a lot.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...MTA0OTI2?ep=14
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss