Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 01:41 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times

Advertisements

Gee, wasn't expecting such concrete thinking. Thought it pretty obvious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 03:43 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,254,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Gee, wasn't expecting such concrete thinking. Thought it pretty obvious.
You are correct.. it is obvious. Maintaining one's weight is a very simple equation... calories in = calories out.
But obvious is not the same as easy. For many people achieving it is anything but easy.
Kudos to the OP for achieving calories in < calories out long term.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:25 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
Here is your own quote:

The answer again, is eat more.
You didn't say anything about weight gain. You asked how to stop weight loss.
But I'll answer that one too... if you start to gain, eat less.

There is an intake level where you neither gain, nor lose. The trick is finding that level and then sticking to it.
Yes, you have to use trial and error to figure out intake. Averaging 1900 calories a day (149 lb woman) doesn't cause me to gain weight, but if I increased to over 2,000 I might start to see a creep upwards.

I've found that sustained weight management requires exercise, diet by itself would not keep me at my size. The moment I lessened the workouts I noticed some gain.

The most difficult hurdle for me, IMHO, was figuring out that sweet spot for maintenance. I was so used to running at a deficit/deficit dieting.

Congrats OP. Whatever method you use, it requires dedication on the part of the person. That's a feat in and of itself.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
The most difficult hurdle for me, IMHO, was figuring out that sweet spot for maintenance.
I'm still tweaking mine.
I am totally willing to trade a 48 hr fast for a free day. If that worked out it would be great.

Old 08-15-2019, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,189 times
This is an excellent result!!!

Old 08-15-2019, 07:13 PM

13,248 posts, read 7,312,118 times
That's great I always hit a wall after a few weeks hardly eating anything and working out just seems like I can't get below that number. Lowest I got to a few years ago was about 193. Last year I started eating badly hit all time high of 227. I'm about 5'6" tall now I'm back low carb and exercising got back to 213 but picked up a bad flu and having a tough time starting back at the gym. I ate Qtr Pounder large meal at McDonald's the other day don't know why I did it just felt so sick after eating that greasy food. Co-worker keeps trying to get me to go see his doctor he had gastric bypass surgery he lost about 300 lbs but tells me how he can't really enjoy any food now feels sick after he eats.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:53 PM

289 posts, read 248,441 times
It seems that if you can maintain your desired weight for a year or two your body and appetite adjust, then onwards not such an effort but that first year pays to be really dillignet of excess weight gain otherwise you tend to yo yo

Old 08-17-2019, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
The most difficult hurdle for me, IMHO, was figuring out that sweet spot for maintenance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'm still tweaking mine.
I am totally willing to trade a 48 hr fast for a free day. If that worked out it would be great.
I'm starting to zero in...
If I do a 48 hr fast twice a week, (Monday and Friday) I stay even or gain slightly.
This is OMAD with carb counting, but no calorie counting. Weekends are free, but on those days I sometimes do OMAD.
Three 48 hr fasts (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and I'm losing a pound or two.

So it looks like the answer is alternating my fasting regimen.
Mostly two times but sometimes three times depending on what my scale tells me.

This is the easiest way for me to do it. Eat this day, don't eat that day. All I need is a calendar.
It's basically foolproof and almost automatic. I never have to ask myself if I should eat this or not.
On this day the answer is yes, on that day the answer is no.

The only exception... 3 or 4 Mich Ultras on Friday night have little to no effect, so I have them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss