Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 04:27 PM

69 posts, read 33,583 times

Advertisements

I am obese. I am Male, 5 feet 7 inches tall, 28 years old and 234 pounds. I am consuming between 500 and 1000 calories daily. I dont feel that hungry but at times it does come up. What do you tell yourself when you're hungry but you know ignoring it is good?

I know my calories are low but I'm obese and I can withstand a huge deficit when I'm this big. Thanks guys.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 04:33 PM

962 posts, read 613,412 times
Your "diet" is unsustainable.

You can eat massive amounts of fruits and vegetables- high volume, low calorie, packed with nutrients. And delicious too.

Watch- "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" on youtube. It's fabulous. You'll learn some stuff and get motivated too. Good luck man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1z5WjjVL5c

Old 03-24-2020, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Purlin View Post
Your "diet" is unsustainable.

You can eat massive amounts of fruits and vegetables- high volume, low calorie, packed with nutrients. And delicious too.

Watch- "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" on youtube. It's fabulous. You'll learn some stuff and get motivated too. Good luck man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1z5WjjVL5c
That diet would also be unsustainable then.

Old 03-24-2020, 04:42 PM

6,143 posts, read 5,260,970 times
I'm 61, 5'9" and weighed 247 lbs.

I got down to 170 in 11 months by going to low carb OMAD, IF and modest exercise.
Then I got a diabetic ulcer on my foot that got infected and gained back 15 lbs.
As soon as I got the green light from my doctor, I started doing Les Mills classes at the Y with a vengeance.
I weigh 175 lbs now, but the extra 5 lbs is likely due to me being much stronger.

I'm still on a diet that's similar to the one I lost all of the weight doing. That's just how it is now.

Old 03-24-2020, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaton53 View Post
I'm 61, 5'9" and weighed 247 lbs.

I got down to 170 in 11 months by going to low carb OMAD, IF and modest exercise.
Then I got a diabetic ulcer on my foot that got infected and gained back 15 lbs.
As soon as I got the green light from my doctor, I started doing Les Mills classes at the Y with a vengeance.
I weigh 175 lbs now, but the extra 5 lbs is likely due to me being much stronger.

I'm still on a diet that's similar to the one I lost all of the weight doing. That's just how it is now.
Nice.

Old 03-25-2020, 02:25 AM

9,370 posts, read 14,319,337 times
Used to be fat, but not obese, around 5'10", middle aged, weighed 215 lbs at peak, down to around 167lbs, normal BMI.

I maintained a vegan diet, HIGH CARBS, almost exclusively whole grain cereals (wheat, rye, teff, rice, millet, oats, etc.), legumes (lentils, chickpeas, some beans), nuts (almonds, cashews, pistachios, edadame), and lots of fruits and vegetables.

Beef, chicken, pork and milk products make me sick to my stomach, not for ideological reasons, they just make me sick to my stomach.

Keep in mind that cereals and legumes are the fruits of grass from the ground. Cows eat grass (vetch).

I buy in bulk various kinds of whole grain, organic, stone ground flour and make bread with my own hands, including yeast cultivated at home and a bit of salt. Period. Sometimes add seeds like caraway, poppy, sesame.

That's carbohydrates, not that processed crap in stores.

I buy dried legumes and soak/boil them at home, nothing canned.

Fats almost exclusively from olives, olive oil and avocado oil, plus fats naturally in the foods mentioned above.

I avoid processed sugar like the plague, plenty of natural sugars in fruits and other whole foods.

I avoid even processed "vegan" foods, that's another racket like processed so-called carbs.

I avoid anything whose ingredients I can't understand.

Nowadays I do mix in a bit of salmon, scallops and some other seafood here and there, mainly for natural B-12, omega-3 fats and variety, so pesco-vegan or some such, I suppose.

For about a year, I jogged rigorously everyday, nowadays I just take walks and lift a little weights.

I realize that the above is not for everyone for various reasons. If a high protein diet based on lean meats, for example, works for someone, then that's what works.

Find what works best for you and work at it.

Hope this helps.

All the best!

Last edited by bale002; 03-25-2020 at 02:33 AM..

Old 03-25-2020, 07:29 AM

962 posts, read 613,412 times
bale002- fabulous post, brother.

I agree completely- I could've crafted the exact same post. Your post describes my diet 99%.

Eating this way is more than maintaining a healthy weight. It's nutritional excellence. Supports excellent health and longevity. No doubt, you know this already.

I used to take meds for hypertension and elevated cholesterol. No more and my numbers are great. Feel great too. I wish I knew this 5 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss