Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2020, 01:15 PM

11,083 posts, read 6,667,691 times

Advertisements

In my 20s, I decided to eat only veg's and dropped 40 lbs.

My stomach expanded like I was 8 months pregnant and I could hardly breathe. At the ER, they said the valve at the bottom of the stomach was clogged with fiber.

I was told to eat more processed food and less fiber. LOL. Could have died.

I have a slow metabolism and always feel full, never hungry. No matter how little I eat....

Don't we all have our cross to bear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2020, 07:18 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,856,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hickoryfan View Post
I do intermittent fasting, along with a low-carb, high protein diet. I've lost 28 pounds, but right now, I'm at 21 pounds. COVID-19 protocols have gotten me off target the past two weeks, I better be careful. I mainly eat protein. I also eat nuts, and salads, and peanut butter.

Three days ago, I had a pain in my hip that caused me to walk with a limp. Overnight it became worse and I went to my doctor the next morning. The diagnosis: Bursitis. I found out that if you eat a high protein diet, there is a chance that inflammation can occur in your body! It's been a rough patch for me this week.

Anybody know of any other side effects that may occur due to diet and weight loss?

Rapid weight loss can bring on a gall bladder attack, possibly requiring removal of the gall bladder which then leads to bowel problems forevermore, which your doctor will not warn you about!

Old 08-24-2020, 10:34 AM

6,143 posts, read 5,267,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Rapid weight loss can bring on a gall bladder attack, possibly requiring removal of the gall bladder which then leads to bowel problems forevermore, which your doctor will not warn you about!
I don't miss mine.

Old 09-28-2020, 09:04 PM

68 posts, read 82,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
I lost a large amount of weight five years ago and I felt great for a short while, then I started having allergic reactions to almost everything. I got to the point where everything I ate passed through undigested, I was vomiting after most meals, and then I started having anaphylactic reactions. It took a while to figure out what was wrong with me, and during that time I gained back almost all the weight I had lost, despite being barely able to eat. I've read a study that showed that some people who have weight loss surgery can develop the condition I developed. I didn't have weight loss surgery, but I think it's more about the major weight loss than the method of weight loss.

Now that I have a diagnosis and I've been on meds for it for a while, I'm losing some of the weight I had regained, even though I'm not counting calories, can't eat vegetables and can't exercise.
Hedgehog_Mom, could you please share more about this, even if it is a private message. I too (about 6/7 years ago) lost a large amount of weight (in what I thought was a healthy slow way) and then started having hives/rashes/stomach pain (no issue with vomiting or not digesting foods), and allergic reactions to so many things like chemicals, foods...etc. I'm still struggling and of course the weight has come back. I would greatly appreciate any insight you have. Hope you are doing much better and continue to improve!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss