Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 08:53 AM

6,103 posts, read 8,813,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Ask any longevity doctor what is the #1 thing to avoid, they will tell you Fructose. #2 is fruit lectins, it causes inflammation and leaky gut.

I'm not saying Apples are bad I'm saying they are worthless when it comes to dieting and nutrient density foods. There's no benefit to eating Apples, taking in the fructose and getting very little vitamins from it. Fructose is a toxin, the body treats fruit sugar just like alcohol.
As I suspected you have no real proof of this claim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2021, 09:00 AM

Apples:
I searched for apples being bad for us and guess what? I couldn't find any reputable sources that made that claim.

http://https://www.thehealthy.com/nu...its-of-apples/

http://https://www.medicalnewstoday....21882#overview

http://https://www.health.harvard.ed...y-201504027850

Old 01-22-2021, 05:15 AM

61,659 posts, read 87,023,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyd609 View Post
I agree.

Old 01-22-2021, 10:17 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Quote:

There are tons of books and even medical studies, why should I need to prove someone like you who doesn't know how to google. It's like asking me to prove why the earth orbits the sun. Go do it yourself, I don't care if you disagree that's your opinion.

Doctors have written books and warn about this stuff, you can disagree that's your choice. The science backs it up, fructose is treated just like alcohol in the body. You can spin it whatever way you want. High Fructose Corn syrup is nothing more than processed fructose and even more lethal.

You're not gonna find any health nutrionist that will tell you fructose is good for you. They will tell you to eat fruits for the fiber and minerals but they will say careful with the fructose.

Lectins from fruits are so bad for you, people who stop eating fruit lectins fixed all their physical ailments.

Old 01-22-2021, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post

There are tons of books and even medical studies, why should I need to prove someone like you who doesn't know how to google. It's like asking me to prove why the earth orbits the sun. Go do it yourself, I don't care if you disagree that's your opinion.

Doctors have written books and warn about this stuff, you can disagree that's your choice. The science backs it up, fructose is treated just like alcohol in the body. You can spin it whatever way you want. High Fructose Corn syrup is nothing more than processed fructose and even more lethal.

You're not gonna find any health nutrionist that will tell you fructose is good for you. They will tell you to eat fruits for the fiber and minerals but they will say careful with the fructose.

Lectins from fruits are so bad for you, people who stop eating fruit lectins fixed all their physical ailments.
A book that someone is trying to sell? Thats your proof? Sorry - but that is hardly evidence.

Old 01-24-2021, 11:17 PM

1,204 posts, read 934,240 times
I eat a basically old fashioned well balanced diet, and since I’m trying to drop some weight, am sticking to 1200 cal a day along with exercise. I do like a snack shortly before bed, something hot and savory, so I save 100 calories and have 3 little Morningstar breakfast sausages. It’s my only regular food that’s not planned for nutritional value, it’s just because I like it, I’m a little hungry around then, and it satisfies me. The rest of the day is balanced nutrition. It’s working for me so far.

Old 02-27-2021, 02:21 PM

7,087 posts, read 8,630,923 times
A small pizza would be a snack, a 6” sub or less, that kind of thing. Versus a large pizza or a 12” sub, those are meals.

Haha just joking usually like a 300 calorie frozen dinner or a 200 calorie protein bar to me are more along the lines of a snack.

Old 02-28-2021, 04:04 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,015,078 times
I'm a snacker, so I keep to a schedule of sorts. Most days I eat carrots w/ hummus, a protein bar, a protein smoothie, and an apple w/ peanut butter. I skip breakfast (intermittent fasting) and keep my lunch and dinner small to compensate for the snack calories.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:43 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,688,561 times
Quote:
A book that someone is trying to sell? Thats your proof? Sorry - but that is hardly evidence.
Lol, if you think fructose is good for you then go ahead. All science links will tell you fructose is treated like a toxin in the body. It's not a macronutrient plan and simple. There are no science that says your body needs fructose. So it's funny how people like you in this forum is doing the complete opposite of what the actual health science finds. In fact fructose is one of the leading reason why people age and causes degenerative problems such as alzheimer's disease.

Old 03-01-2021, 05:22 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
A small pizza would be a snack, a 6” sub or less, that kind of thing. Versus a large pizza or a 12” sub, those are meals.

Haha just joking usually like a 300 calorie frozen dinner or a 200 calorie protein bar to me are more along the lines of a snack.
Just depends. A normal snack for me would be stopping at a coffee shop and have a latte and a pastry which would be around 600 calories. It's definitely not an every day thing but I might do that on a road trip as a treat or on a weekend after day hike or mid ride snack. As a daily thing I don't eat snacks, just breakfast and then dinner whenever I get to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss