Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2021, 07:16 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,284 times

Advertisements

I just can’t stand to drink water all the time and I know people say that sugary drinks are bad for you. I am already obese. Is it true that sugar substitutes like crystal light cause cancer/have the same effect on your body as drinking sugary drinks ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2021, 07:20 AM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
You drink sweet stuff and feel even more thirsty. And yes, the artificial sweeteners aren't healthy. And artificial dyes like Red 40 is a big no no!!
Here is a good website to check on. Everything explained.
https://www.fooducate.com/product/Cr...2-FEFD45A4D471

What about ice tea?

Old 04-03-2021, 07:23 AM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times
unsweetened mint ice tea (herbal) would be a good substitute. Also what about sparkling water or diet tonic water with lime?

Old 04-03-2021, 07:55 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Junky artificial-sweeteners being put into your body, learn to drink plain water.

Old 04-03-2021, 09:52 AM

1,081 posts, read 1,813,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post

What about ice tea?
I like hot tea but iced tea is kinda gross to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
unsweetened mint ice tea (herbal) would be a good substitute. Also what about sparkling water or diet tonic water with lime?
I tried sparkling water but it is gross. Maybe i need to try tonic water

Old 04-03-2021, 11:00 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportslover View Post
I just can’t stand to drink water all the time and I know people say that sugary drinks are bad for you. I am already obese. Is it true that sugar substitutes like crystal light cause cancer/have the same effect on your body as drinking sugary drinks ?
Due to voluntary diet restrictions starting mid last year soda has been permanently canned from my life. Good riddance, too. No excuses, but time for it to go.

Water does get dull, so I alternate bottles of that with Crystal Light bought by the case (powdered mix). I've had powdered mix for years: not much to it really and hasn't killed me yet. That, water, and coffee are drinks of choice. Not to mention green tea.

There may be better options, this is one of the few areas where I blow off my nutritional doctor (ND). She doesn't give me much of a hard time about it, but has other preferences. One day I may try other alternatives. Yes, some of those zero cal sweeteners disagree with people. If so, stop using it?

Old 04-04-2021, 06:01 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,676,224 times
Why not make fruit water? I used to do that a lot when I lived in Florida.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:05 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times
Crystal light uses the worst kinds of sugar substitute. It has huge inflammatory effects in the body it is like spraying gas in your arteries because it sends a lot of signal for insulin to put out the inflammation. Diet drinks has never helped people lose weight.

Your problem is a severe sugar addiction, you need to go cold turkey and get off of sugar as fast as possible.

Without pain there can be no gain.

Old 04-04-2021, 07:21 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Stevia, in the green package, is a NATURAL sweetener but isn't sugar.

Look for drinks using Stevia as the sweetener. It's not an artificial sweetener.

Or buy some and add to drinks.

Some of those small water enhancers have Stevia as the sweetener. You might have to go to a health food type of store.

Old 04-05-2021, 05:35 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,460,224 times
You guys are all exceptionally clean eaters/food/ingredients - in your choices. Even I indulge in artificial sweetners now and then. I would say yes to Crystal Lite. We used to use a serving container of crystal lite in a gallon of water to get our water intake in every day. It was great refrigerated. I never could get my whole gallon in, but the crystal lite made it a bit easier to drink more. Nowadays I typically just drink water. I am relatively meticulous in health habits, but you guys are really disciplined about what you will not intake.
OP states he is obese and I would add that whatever makes it easier to give him an edge right now is what matters. He can clean it up down the line as he hits some weight loss goals. One step at a time....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss