Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2021, 08:17 PM

23 posts, read 25,770 times

Advertisements

Weighed myself today and I'm down to 178. This is without strenuous exercise too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2021, 10:17 AM

15 posts, read 15,978 times
Congratulations! You've made a great choice. I had the same experience when I cut out things like sugar, white flour etc. I feel a lot more energized and somehow my brain seems to work so much faster and clearer. Last time I managed to quit sugar and flour for 5 months and felt so much better. If only I could commit to quitting these comfort foods again :-/ What I want to say is, keep going, you made the right decision for sure!!!

Old 04-28-2021, 11:55 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,148,398 times
First and foremost: fabulous journey, good for you. BTW, there's a "Daily Journal" subforum in H&W, if of-interest.

Curious: started at 179 lbs on April 8, now at 178 lbs a bit under three weeks later? That's margin of error on a scale, at least would be on mine at home. I trust my dietician's scale far more. When I went on a pre-op liquid diet July 2020, shock to the system was such that I shed roughly 15 lbs in two weeks. Granted that's a lot, but often happens on liquid diets (protein shakes, purees like soups, c. < 1000 cals/day). And I started from a substantial weight so was only a small step. That loss leveled off to a steady 10lbs/month loss past 3-4 months, and I expect that curve to flatten when I'm close to some sort of "ideal" weight. Whatever that is...

What is "unnecessary" carbs and sugars? Garbage food rich in carbs and low in nutrients, that I'll agree with. As a Russian ex-gf said, "I wouldn't feed (that) to the dog!" when she disapproved of my diet. High fructose corn syrup never did me any favors, nor have desserts in-general. Carbs in moderation seem to do well in my world however.

My journey was a bit extreme, unf for me for getting into such a spot, but we make our choices. Good luck with yours; what I've noticed from (other forums and Groups) is that everyone responds a bit differently to changes in eating and activity levels. And hydration levels...and probably more too.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondebaerde View Post
First and foremost: fabulous journey, good for you. BTW, there's a "Daily Journal" subforum in H&W, if of-interest.

Curious: started at 179 lbs on April 8, now at 178 lbs a bit under three weeks later? That's margin of error on a scale, at least would be on mine at home. I trust my dietician's scale far more. When I went on a pre-op liquid diet July 2020, shock to the system was such that I shed roughly 15 lbs in two weeks. Granted that's a lot, but often happens on liquid diets (protein shakes, purees like soups, c. < 1000 cals/day). And I started from a substantial weight so was only a small step. That loss leveled off to a steady 10lbs/month loss past 3-4 months, and I expect that curve to flatten when I'm close to some sort of "ideal" weight. Whatever that is...

What is "unnecessary" carbs and sugars? Garbage food rich in carbs and low in nutrients, that I'll agree with. As a Russian ex-gf said, "I wouldn't feed (that) to the dog!" when she disapproved of my diet. High fructose corn syrup never did me any favors, nor have desserts in-general. Carbs in moderation seem to do well in my world however.

My journey was a bit extreme, unf for me for getting into such a spot, but we make our choices. Good luck with yours; what I've noticed from (other forums and Groups) is that everyone responds a bit differently to changes in eating and activity levels. And hydration levels...and probably more too.
I'm 6 foot tall with broad shoulders... 179 doesn't technically make me "overweight". I don't have that much to lose to even reach my ideal weight so the scale is going to move more slowly than someone who's heavier.

I've cut out potato chips, soda and junk food altogether. I drink water and eat three square meals a day.

I also crept back up to 182 or 183 a couple of weeks back due to some bad choices so there's that.

Nothing wrong with my scale by the way. I test it out to make sure it's giving an accurate weight by weighing other things besides myself on it, like a pound of flour, etc.

Old 04-29-2021, 07:26 PM

85 posts, read 32,097 times
Sounds like you've decided to just do it ~ Congratulations and God bless ```

Old 05-28-2021, 11:45 PM

174 now.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:52 AM

I've been stagnating at 173-174 for a while now but my goals have shifted. Noticing that my problem wasn't necessarily that I was fat but instead what you would call "skinny fat" and felt unhealthy because of that I've started a new journey to reduce my body fat percentage but stay around the same weight.

I've been doing push ups and other exercises since July 13th and I've been lifting weights since July 25th or so. So far I've gone down a pant size (used to wear size 34 Levi's jeans and now I'm down to 32's) and those equate to (87 or so cms for 34 and 83 or so for 32) so I'm taking that as a step in the right direction EVEN THOUGH my weight has not shifted much if at all on the scale.

I've been managing my calories and averaging around 1,900 to 2,150 a day (I've eaten 2,273 calories today but it's my "cheat day").

So this is my official update.

Old 09-06-2021, 04:53 AM

I couldn't do a single push up on July 13th and had to start with knee pushups. I can now do 25 in a row and average around 120 a day in all. I took a break today as my trap muscles hurt but I lifted weights instead (worked my arms today, going to work my chest tomorrow).

Old 10-17-2021, 09:58 AM

1,754 posts, read 755,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabratha View Post
I couldn't do a single push up on July 13th and had to start with knee pushups. I can now do 25 in a row and average around 120 a day in all. I took a break today as my trap muscles hurt but I lifted weights instead (worked my arms today, going to work my chest tomorrow).
That is awesome. Keep going! Any new fitness updates? Have to do exercise with eating right!

I've been doing great and got back down to my pre-pregnancy weight. My husband teases me for eating like a rabbit....but then says how classy I am for being fit.....hmmm...I wonder if they are connected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss