Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2021, 07:57 AM

1,860 posts, read 1,246,669 times

Advertisements

Thank you to the people who are chiming in here, gave reps where I could (Joe it said I had to spread it around before I could give to you)

I am not claiming to be an expert or claiming to know everything because I most definitely do not. Since I was younger and obese through now and in the future I always liked to hear and see from people going through the weight loss journey rather than people at the end. At some point I will probably be more interested in the afters, but right now I like to see before and during more. It helps to see other people struggling the same way as myself.

I am not trying to come across as arrogant or know it all, I just want to help someone who is maybe just starting out or right on the edge of starting but isnt sure if they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2021, 08:59 AM

6,102 posts, read 8,819,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
I think you deserve to be talked to plainly. Here you are, you haven't even achieved your goals and you are spewing information like you know something. What is hard is keeping it off. Many people lose weight.

So again, check back in here when you have accomplished the goal.
You should just stop! This person has been successful so far and maybe her telling us her story will give her a boost to lose then next 50.

You really don't have any credibility anyway sine your anti exercise thread.

Old 05-06-2021, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LO28SWM View Post
Thank you to the people who are chiming in here, gave reps where I could (Joe it said I had to spread it around before I could give to you)

I am not claiming to be an expert or claiming to know everything because I most definitely do not. Since I was younger and obese through now and in the future I always liked to hear and see from people going through the weight loss journey rather than people at the end. At some point I will probably be more interested in the afters, but right now I like to see before and during more. It helps to see other people struggling the same way as myself.

I am not trying to come across as arrogant or know it all, I just want to help someone who is maybe just starting out or right on the edge of starting but isnt sure if they can.
Congrats!!!!!

I think you are on the right path. And I also think you will make it to your goal and keep the weight off. You have the right mind set and really when it comes down to losing weight it is all mind set.
It dozen matter what anybody's eating plan is if they do not have the mindset to follow through.

And please don't listen to anything Arya Stark is saying, she is no expert. It sounds like jealousy anyway.

Old 05-06-2021, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It was insulting to me the an amateur should post a thread as if they know anything at all...

Great she found something that works for her but don't start a thread like "here's my tips" until you are close to goal.
Amateur? Are you a professional weight loser? I think you are a wee bit jealous.

Old 05-06-2021, 09:14 AM

4,242 posts, read 947,399 times
Way to go, LO28SWM!!!

To me, your post is incredibly encouraging and includes common-sense and time-proven tips that have helped you along the way.

Don't let the grouchy curmudgeons get you down!

Old 05-06-2021, 12:01 PM

904 posts, read 665,504 times
Great job. I like how you change it up. Makes it easier to stick with it. Your post if very informative and inspiring. Keep posting along the way.

Old 05-06-2021, 12:06 PM

164 posts, read 54,001 times
Congrats to the OP, I love hearing inspiring stories like these Continued success on achieving your goals!

Old 05-06-2021, 01:04 PM

11,474 posts, read 5,995,398 times
bookmarked - great tips

Old 05-06-2021, 08:46 PM

2,690 posts, read 1,612,851 times
Any mental bad habit that is overcome is a huge accomplishment, be proud of yourself and don't let the nasty judgment of anyone sabotage you, I have a feeling that is what some attempt to do--knock down your confidence and try to send you on a binge, what a mean nasty thing to do.
Proud of you!

Old 05-07-2021, 07:01 AM

307 posts, read 213,997 times
Thank you for your post LO28SWM. There are some really good tips in there that I will most definitely use. I'm on a journey to lose weight and change some bad habits and I appreciate your advice and tips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss