Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2021, 08:10 PM

1 posts, read 796 times

Advertisements

Weight loss is a slow, tedious process. I think many people get frustrated by their lack of progress so wind up giving up. Here's a great way to remind yourself of how far you've come, which helps keep you on the right track.

The trick is to get a bunch of empty 2 liter bottles. For every 1 lb of fat you lose, you pour 2.3 cups of water in [ since that’s the volume of 1 lb fat]. For every 3.4 lbs you lose, that’s 1 FULL 2 liter bottle of gross flab off of your body!

If you hear someone say “I lost 3.4 lbs of fat”, you shrug and say big deal, so what. If they hand you a 2 liter bottle and say “I lost that much fat”, it’s much more impactful, even though both mean the same thing. Seeing that volume really brings home the progress you’ve made.

Keep them in a place you see every day. It will be a visual reminder of all the progress you've made and hopefully keep you on the right track.

I currently have 3 full 2 liters plus 1 about 1/5 the way full. It’s hard to believe I used to be lugging around that much extra useless blubber.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2021, 01:18 PM

425 posts, read 419,899 times
I like to get on the scale with my clothes and shoes still on, and say: "A few months ago, I was attempting to reach that weight while naked! Don't mess up the progress!"

I also wear a belt with lots of holes close together. It makes "reaching the next belt position" a shorter length of time and you get rewarded more often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss