Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2021, 08:35 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Oh, it's easy...when you can't eat anything with sugar in it.
I don't really have an issue with sugar, it's starches; noodles, spaghetti, hot french bread, etc... I have to walk past bakeries or donut shops really, really fast or else!

Old 10-12-2021, 08:39 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I think it really comes down to a whole foods, plant based diet. No processed foods. And you might also want to skip the gluten, as others have said.
ugh, I can't stand the thought. My doctor was out of the office so I had to see another clinic physician and he is a "integrated medicine physician" which sounded good but as it turned out I left the office with recipes for cauliflower pizza crust and tofu chicken nuggets blech

Old 10-18-2021, 10:03 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f4shionablecha0s View Post
The people on here suggesting you eat more calories and try out a fad diet are deranged. Seriously, people. Calories in, calories out is literally thermodynamics. It's all that matters. If you're TRULY eating 1000 calories a day that's really all you can do. Stick to it. The weight will come off. If you aren't rapidly losing weight I suggest you find out where the extra calories are coming from because the only explanation is that you're eating more calories than you think.

To reiterate... suggesting someone who wants to lose weight faster eat more calories is like suggesting a recovering alcoholic go chug a few beers.
All I can tell you is that when I upped my calories from about 1000 a day to about 1500 a day I lost weight faster and in a more healthy fashion. Under 1500 calories, my body went into "starvation mode" and seemed to hang on to fat more.

Sure you will eventually lose weight on 1000 calories a day but that's a pretty sad existence and probably not healthy.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:42 PM

5,453 posts, read 4,058,826 times
Closing this thread as it is attracting a TON of spam. OP, let me know if you need it re-opened or just start an "update" thread. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss