Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2022, 02:50 PM

3,103 posts, read 998,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
I exercise daily walking a couple of miles and light weight lifting.
I have lowered sugar and carb intake but my biggest problem is, I'm always hungry.
Learn to cook. No processed food anymore. No sugar or just some good quality dark chocolate, one small square a day if you "need" it.

I would have carbs but only yams or sweet potatoes, brown rice, some Keto bread, fruits.

I would not cut the carbs drastically in the beginning, more gradually but never 100%.

I would just learn to cook and experiment with fresh ingredients. Every. Single. Day. Start with one meal a day cooked by you.

It doesn't take a lot of time, the food is delicious, your brain is going to thank you for it.

You can make/drink smoothies (berries, apples, some green veggies, lemon juice, some dates to make it more sweet if you like, Chia seeds).

Plus:

Enough sleep.

Sun exposure, daily 10 min.

Heavy lifting. Try squats at home for instance.

Drink more water.

Do some form of stretching daily, 10-15 min.

Try meditation and visualization techniques for losing weight and calming the mind.

Have patience, you'll see results in a few months. Use a measuring tape instead of the scale.

Take care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2022, 02:03 AM

579 posts, read 318,983 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what to do. I exercise daily walking a couple of miles and light weight lifting. I am a 60 year old male and have lost about 10 lbs but hit a wall. I am at 258 lbs and 6'4 is my height. I want to get to 250 and go from there.

I have lowered sugar and carb intake but my biggest problem is, I'm always hungry.

I am open to suggestions
Do you track fiber, water, protein grams? You could post a food diary and it could reveal more.

Old 04-26-2022, 03:04 AM

8 posts, read 10,580 times
Quote:
I'm not sure what to do. I exercise daily walking a couple of miles and light weight lifting. I am a 60 year old male and have lost about 10 lbs but hit a wall. I am at 258 lbs and 6'4 is my height. I want to get to 250 and go from there.

I am open to suggestions

We use PS 1000 Metabolic Burst drops 3 times per day on a 880 calories Nutrisystem diet. We are never hungry. My PCP checked them out and said they are fine, just vitamins.

Good luck!

Old 04-27-2022, 05:55 AM

5,449 posts, read 4,042,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie777 View Post
We use PS 1000 Metabolic Burst drops 3 times per day on a 880 calories Nutrisystem diet. We are never hungry. My PCP checked them out and said they are fine, just vitamins.

Good luck!
Geez, if you are on a 880 calorie diet, you don't need any magic drops. I looked them up, seems they are homeopathic. Not something that is backed by science.

And $185 for 4 ounces!! WOW. No thanks.

Old 05-03-2022, 03:05 PM

313 posts, read 255,412 times
Aren't you saying this doesn't work on your own thread? So why are you advising the OP to do the same diet as you that isn't working? I'm not trying to be rude-I'm genuinely curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie777 View Post

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss