Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2022, 07:23 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,114,712 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
Actually, I read the founder's book and other research, and wanted to see if it helped me.
He's a legitimate, well-respected leader in his field, not some "send us your poop and we'll fake a report" guy.

Gee, imagine a "send us your poop" scam. Maybe a government conspiracy to collect DNA samples.
Goodness no, it's just a send us your poop so we can charge you money to test it to tell you you need to buy our supplements scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2022, 07:39 PM

310 posts, read 323,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Goodness no, it's just a send us your poop so we can charge you money to test it to tell you you need to buy our supplements scam.
It's a garden variety scam that plays on people's insecurity about being overweight or their overall health. A fool and their money.....

Old 10-05-2022, 09:54 AM

10,890 posts, read 7,376,511 times
And that's exactly why it's important to research the company and be familiar with the science before you send your poop to just anybody.

Old 10-14-2022, 07:56 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,966,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Yes, talking and explaining. Mine offers Zoom calls as well as in person. I was glad to meet and talk to her in person this time (free initial visit), and she isn’t far from me, but I think online would work for most follow ups.

I have noticed dna tests for food allergies, but that is not what I’m getting.

Both the blood test and the poo test are $300.@ They take about 3 weeks to get the results. I committed to 12 weeks with 4 follow up visits @.$89. So I’m looking at about $1000. Plus any supplements that might be needed.

You get 3 pages of foods with a score for your tolerance. Anything under 1.6 is good. 1.7 to 2.0 is moderate intolerance, and anything from 2.0-4.0 is danger, danger. The poo test has several pages of things they measure, too (gross).

The woman comes highly recommended, including by my PCP, so I just hope this unlocks the clue about weight gain. My ailments all tend to be innards related, so I think it’s worth a shot.

I didn't mean to reply so late, thanks for replying! I have a few concerning health issues, 2 of them any nutritionist should know what kinds of foods, etc. to recommend but I don't know how familiar a nutritionist will be w/ my 3rd issue. If they don't seem that knowledgeable, I'll tell them the bit I know & hopefully, they're willing to learn more about it to help me. I hope I have a female nutritionist who I think will better undersand another female.

Old 11-01-2022, 09:52 AM

25,559 posts, read 17,267,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
................As it turns out, I am a carb junkie. Mostly bread, but candy is great too. And ice cream. Plus I'm somewhat lactose sensitive, but not intolerant. I just get really gassy if I eat too much bleu cheese.
I was, too.
Quit cold turkey last April. We quit buying bread, and all the other manufactured & processed stuff. That doesn't mean I don't occasionally have a sandwich; it means we do not buy it and have it in the house. 85-90% of our meals are eaten at home.

It was a good move for me. I didn't need the 20 pounds, anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss