Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 03:42 PM

625 posts, read 1,586,283 times

Advertisements

First I went to 5 meals a day instead of three and that didn't help so I decided to add the shakes to it and things got worse; and what's with this slimfast stuff....First I drank one in the morning and one at noon then just regular diet rest of day. Nothing.....then I went to morning, noon and night. I gained weight.......Now I'm drinking these babies all day long; so much that I don't hardly want to eat my food ( it was bad enough with three meals but with 5 it's hard to pack that much in) and not only am I not losing weight (double negative, I know) but I have gained a bunch.......what am I doing wrong

Old 10-31-2008, 05:57 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
No exercise?

I mostly burned off all my fat through exercise, but it took 2 years / 5030 miles of biking to lose 65 lbs.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:27 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyC64 View Post
First I went to 5 meals a day instead of three and that didn't help so I decided to add the shakes to it and things got worse; and what's with this slimfast stuff....First I drank one in the morning and one at noon then just regular diet rest of day. Nothing.....then I went to morning, noon and night. I gained weight.......Now I'm drinking these babies all day long; so much that I don't hardly want to eat my food ( it was bad enough with three meals but with 5 it's hard to pack that much in) and not only am I not losing weight (double negative, I know) but I have gained a bunch.......what am I doing wrong
For starters, what is your "regular diet"? How many calories are you consuming each day?

Old 11-01-2008, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
For starters, what is your "regular diet"? How many calories are you consuming each day?
Why does that matter......It's called slim fast so the more you drink the faster you get slim right

Old 11-02-2008, 08:14 AM

Default Bad Billy

Sorry...this was a troll thread....bad Billy...bad Billy. I'm sorry . I see people post threads that can't possibly be true and watch people give input about how to remedy situations that are bogus....I think it may be soap opera writers trying to come up with material sometimes....really. Anyway I posted this thread that is so stupid just to see if anyone would respond....but I won't let it continue because it's not right. It is nice to see that people are willing to overlook the stupidity of the post or the poster and try to give a helpful answer. Feel free to throw rocks at me if you want....Chessiemon and Jessie69 you are to good, I'll rep you both

Old 11-02-2008, 08:26 AM

218 posts, read 468,619 times
Default not slim fast but slim slow

It is not what you eat, it's how much & how it is cooked. Get a scale to determined what size you are suppose to eat cause just because you can fit it on a plate does not mean it's only one meal. Most dinner plates when full are two or more size dinnners. When you think you have your plate cut the size in half. Stay away from fried foods. Cut back on sugar. They say if you can walk several times a day for 10-15 miinutes that could help. I know a lot of people who lost weight just from walking.
good luck.

Quote:

Old 11-02-2008, 12:05 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
I dont see how making fun of the lack of knowledge on nutritional needs is funny?

You know there are people out there that actually think that and its sad....

Old 11-02-2008, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I dont see how making fun of the lack of knowledge on nutritional needs is funny?

You know there are people out there that actually think that and its sad....
Hence me calling myself bad....and look up above your post to pandora and see more of what I was talking about. It's not about nutrition or weight loss, it's about bogus threads in general on any forum. People still respond without considering what they are responding to

Old 11-03-2008, 05:19 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,135,306 times
Quote:
Slimfast is a meal replacement~ one can is equal to 1/3 your daily intake! If you add the calories to your diet instead of subtracting you will GAIN WIEGHT~ in fact many high school boys use slimfast to bulk up for football~ regular calories + 3 slimfasts a day = a lotta calories so ya get big for football!!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:31 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deckdoc View Post
Slimfast is a meal replacement~ one can is equal to 1/3 your daily intake! If you add the calories to your diet instead of subtracting you will GAIN WIEGHT~ in fact many high school boys use slimfast to bulk up for football~ regular calories + 3 slimfasts a day = a lotta calories so ya get big for football!!
Had a friend who was desperate enough to try Slim Fast. She said all Slim Fast is is liquid Ex Lax!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.