Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 08:57 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,456,515 times

Advertisements

I really dislike you, Jesse. Go away. Forever. Please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 05:04 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,751,842 times
You know why I had to get hard on you? Because you're on the Yo - Yo diet, where you lose weight mostly by low food intake and not too much exercise. Then the pounds pack back on with MORE FORCE when you get back to regular eating and your reduced metabolism will really encourage getting FAT again. I'm not insulting you as a Wus or insulting you as a person, I'M JUST RIPPING ON THE FACT OF YOUR FLAWED DIET!

I DID YOU A BIG FAVOR TELLING YOU ABOUT YOUR FLAWED DIET! SEE Yo-Yo Dieting: Break The Yo-Yo Diet Cycle | The Diet Channel

Old 04-05-2009, 08:58 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,751,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman View Post
I really dislike you, Jesse. Go away. Forever. Please.
Be a man and face up to the FACTS!

Yo-yo dieting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I ain't bragging to say I know a lot about dieting, losing weight, and keeping it off! I went from 205 lbs to 139 lbs in 2.5 years / 5030 miles of road bike workouts and have kept the weight off and I ATE GOOD DELICIOUS FOODS LIKE CANDIES, PECAN PIE, CAKES, DONUTS, A NICE STEAK DINNER, FAST FOOD, ETC. No WUSSED UP diet of a crappy salad and skimpy breakfast forever!

Old 04-06-2009, 12:11 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,799,524 times
Northman,

I know a few body builders who look like fat slobs in their old age. They looked great when they were younger. What happened? Well, they ate a lot as young body builders, and this eating habit didn't change much when they got older. They didn't work out nearly as much in their old age, but they still ate a lot and calorie piled up and they got fat.

A low-calorie diet is a step in the right direction. Eating is something we do every day until the day we die. It's something we have direct control of. Sometimes it's not possible to work out due to an illness, family commitment, etc. If you eat a lot and can't work out, you will gain unwanted weight. On the other hand, if you eat a little, you don't need to work out as much to burn off the calorie.

Old 04-06-2009, 11:52 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,456,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Be a man and face up to the FACTS!

Yo-yo dieting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I ain't bragging to say I know a lot about dieting, losing weight, and keeping it off! I went from 205 lbs to 139 lbs in 2.5 years / 5030 miles of road bike workouts and have kept the weight off and I ATE GOOD DELICIOUS FOODS LIKE CANDIES, PECAN PIE, CAKES, DONUTS, A NICE STEAK DINNER, FAST FOOD, ETC. No WUSSED UP diet of a crappy salad and skimpy breakfast forever!
Jesse, this is my last response to you. It's more than obvious that you're in here looking to pick a fight, and if you continue with the name calling I'll ask one of the mods to step in, because it's really unwarranted and uneccessary.

You've found lasting success with the approach you've taken.......good for you. Personally, I've found that eating high calorie foods such as the ones you listed above on a consistent basis just isn't something I can do anymore if I hope to keep my weight down. Despite your insinuations to the contrary, the diet I have chosen to adopt is indeed one that I plan to make a part of my life permanently. Unlike you, I have chosen to eliminate many foods from my diet that my body is not able to process quickly enough to be able to avoid weight gain. I do treat myself occasionally to things like pizza, beer, sweets and red meats.....all things that I loved in the past......but those choices are no longer a part of my life on a routine basis because I have found time and time again that they do nothing but pack the pounds on, no matter what diet or exercise approach I take.

You seem completely (and quite possibly purposely) blind to the fact that what works for one person may not work for another, and vice-versa. The "yo-yo" diet theory that you subcribe to may be entirely valid for all I know......and that's fine. If I eventually gain every pound back that I've lost because you were spot on about all this, then that's something I'll deal with.

What really kills me, though, is that you came in here with such a vicious, combative attitude and started insulting me, rather than describing your own personal experience and then offering constructive - and polite - advice based upon that. This definitely makes me think you have some serious caged anger about something, and that you feel the only way you can rid youself of it is to unleash it on others.......particularly those such as me that you don't even know. That's scary.

Think about it. A guy that was unhappy and very overweight decides to make radical (but totally reasonable) changes, and those changes lead to him achieving great success, which in turn makes him a much happier individual. He then wishes to share his story with others in order to inspire not only them, but so that he can look back and be inspired himself in correlation with the positive direction his life has taken.

Then, here comes Jesse. Jesse calls him a wus. Jesse calls him a fat slob. Jesse questions his manhood. Jesse says he's wrong and Jesse's right. Over and over and OVER again.

Nice. Jesse has issues.

Grow up, buddy. I'm through playing your little game.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 04-06-2009 at 12:08 PM..

Old 04-13-2009, 06:27 PM

1,935 posts, read 1,827,207 times
Northman I just went back to read your op and I am so glad I did. I do very well on my water intake M-W and it is all downhill after my weigh in on Thursday. I guess I'll have to come here or better yet print out your op.
Do you have an update for the posters who are wishing you nothing but success? Just noticed also you are a gander too. Read the post about the Red Wings. Now only if we could get the Lions to wake up. PM is good also.

Old 04-13-2009, 06:48 PM

8,818 posts, read 21,295,327 times
I wanted to thank Northman for writing a reasoned and graceful response to a difficult post . I was afraid that I would need to close this valuable thread.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-13-2009, 07:22 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,262,485 times
Yes, thank you for you original post. I finally went to the gym today after a long absence. Here's to all of us who are trying to do the right thing!

Old 04-14-2009, 03:24 PM

890 posts, read 3,703,495 times
Northman...congrats on your achievements and wishing you the best of continued luck!

As for myself, I'm not fat but I'm definitely not as slender as I'd like to be. The man boobs are somewhat embarrassing. I decided today to start exercising and eating right (it's how I found your post)...no more sugary sodas, no more fast food burgers, and I even went out and jogged a couple laps on the school track. It only took a minute or so on the first lap to realize just how out of shape I actually am. But I jogged two and walked the final lap but I'm going to stick with it. Whoever said it's a marathon, not a sprint has the right idea. You can't expect to make a full 180 overnight.

Here's to you, buddy for sticking with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss