Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2009, 07:25 PM

931 posts, read 3,802,976 times

Advertisements

This is probably a no-brainer, but I find myself in this situation all the time. I know I need to eat more vegetables, but I never know how to cook them so they taste good!

INGREDIENTS:
1 large carrot cut up into small pieces about the same size as the baby lima beans & corn
handful of baby lima beans
2 ears of small corn cooked and cut the corn off

(you can use all frozen if you want, i use fresh because i think they taste better)

DIRECTIONS:
Cook in microwave or boiling water until done, mix and add S&P

PICS:

COMMENTS:

Put it in containers. Look at the pretty color. Have about 1 cup with every meal (at the beginning of the meal)

I find that the natural sweetness of the corn and carrots combined with the heartiness of the lima beans is quite an interesting combination.

Remember, no butter is needed.

Enjoy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 10:31 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,340,034 times
I've never been much into veggies either and it's difficult to find fresh produce where I am so I've stuck with some of the bagged salads.
A couple of weeks ago, I discovered the frozen veggie section that I've pretty much ignored before and found bags of mixed veggies that when flavored with spices or soy sauce taste really good.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:21 PM

1,312 posts, read 4,775,275 times
I found that PictSweet seasoned frozen veggies are great...some are steamable, too. I do WW points, and I can usually eat the entire bag (4-5 servings) for 1 or 2 points. Plus, in the winter, it's nice to have something hot. I can get them at Walmart and Food Lion usually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss