Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times

Advertisements

Well, on the 1st of this month I started to watch what I eat and be more active, I weighed in at 330 lbs, this morning I'm at 327 lbs. I drank a lot of water, shoveled some snow and dealt with my kids. So it is looking good so far.
Next weigh in: Friday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:17 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,251,440 times
It really depends on a lot of things. But everyone usually get a fast 10 lbs at least in the first week when dieting correctly. Its water weight, excess food, and some real fat. Just make march your personal diet awareness month and see what "watching" does for you. Some guys are lucky and thats ALL they have to do. Hope thats the case for you too as who doesn't like easy?

Old 03-04-2009, 08:05 AM

1,049 posts, read 3,855,478 times
depends on how heavy you are - my friend just lost 30 pounds in 3 weeks, now she had a gp which is much different......... i should call her today to see how its going...

Old 03-04-2009, 08:07 AM

733 posts, read 1,927,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
Is this acomplishable?
it's impossible. The MOST weight a person can lose is 1/2 lb a day. Anything more than that is just water........

Old 03-04-2009, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLoveLost View Post
it's impossible. The MOST weight a person can lose is 1/2 lb a day. Anything more than that is just water........
Thats not really true. If I rode my bike 2 hours and did a 1000 calorie cut thats one pound a day coming from a lightweight. Those biggest losers who are pulling 10lbs a week lose 1.4 lbs per day.
They workout for 8 hours a day and usually don't eat below BMR. (read that in an article a bit back)

Anything more than 2lbs a week without a doctors care can carry health risks and will take lean tissue. But its not impossible.

Old 03-04-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
Thats not really true. If I rode my bike 2 hours and did a 1000 calorie cut thats one pound a day coming from a lightweight. Those biggest losers who are pulling 10lbs a week lose 1.4 lbs per day.
They workout for 8 hours a day and usually don't eat below BMR. (read that in an article a bit back)

Anything more than 2lbs a week without a doctors care can carry health risks and will take lean tissue. But its not impossible.
it's still water weight. You can only lose 1/2 lb a day of fat. And yeah, losing more than that is unsafe....

Old 03-04-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
it's still water weight. You can only lose 1/2 lb a day of fat. And yeah, losing more than that is unsafe....
Water weight is glycogen storage and you usually use that up within your first three days of dieting if not the first day depending on your intake. Calorie deficit is not water weight. It will catch up later in the long run. It takes muscle and fat from you, not water. I used fast weight loss in the past to reduce thigh muscle for symmetry of body. That is were it comes from.

If you have any links on that 1/2 pound thing post it please.

Old 03-04-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Water weight is glycogen storage and you usually use that up within your first three days of dieting if not the first day depending on your intake. Calorie deficit is not water weight. It will catch up later in the long run. It takes muscle and fat from you, not water. I used fast weight loss in the past to reduce thigh muscle for symmetry of body. That is were it comes from.

If you have any links on that 1/2 pound thing post it please.
actually it was several doctors and a few nutritionist that told me that.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
actually it was several doctors and a few nutritionist that told me that.
Oh...I thought it was something I can read. Maybe they meant if you are being healthy about it and not extreme like how we were talking about possible healthy way vs. robot without consequences like liver failure way?

I just have seen it happen in my body so I cant say its not possible. (not 30 pounds thing, just by week of muscle reduction ) I didn't gain it back or drink it back. A health care professional wouldn't tell you to risk it. They could lose their license for giving you dangerous medical advice.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Oh...I thought it was something I can read. Maybe they meant if you are being healthy about it and not extreme like how we were talking about possible healthy way vs. robot without consequences like liver failure way?.
Yeah, I am sure they were speaking healthy, I thought that's is the way you should do it no?

I was speaking healthy, I guess I see it as if you are doing it unhealthy, you might as well just take a bullet, as you said, "liver failure" way is basically digging one's grave......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss