Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 08:35 PM

1,168 posts, read 2,503,838 times

Advertisements

I am currently on the JUDD - one day, you have your normal calorie intake - without overeating. The next you have only 500 - 600 calories. It works (so said) because it activates your body into metabolising more efficiently and it is supposed to be good for all round health - I have lost some weight since starting. It isn't too bad as you only diet one day at a time - it helps to stick to it, knowing that you can always eat what you want (to a certain extent) the next day. Anyway, has anyone tried this diet? Have you had success? Love to hear from you.

If you have never heard of this - you can google in JOHNSON UP DAY DOWN DAY DIET and you can find out more....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 05:21 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennaflorrie View Post
I am currently on the JUDD - one day, you have your normal calorie intake - without overeating. .
It eventually turns into the AFDUDUD, Another Failed Diet Up Day Up Day, diet.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
It eventually turns into the AFDUDUD, Another Failed Diet Up Day Up Day, diet.
Oh dear, I well understand your feelings.....so many diets ARE fad. But this one, was formulated by a medical Dr with some sound scientific reasonings.Weighed myself this morning and I have lost 7llb in one week. I have heard some good reports. And keeping your will power for one day - then eatinga 'normal' amount of calories the next - hasn't been that daunting!!! My american sister in law, told me about the diet. Her mother lost weight she had been trying to lose for years.

Well, worth a try. Hope it doesn't turn into AFDUDUD

Old 06-23-2009, 07:49 PM

Well the JUDD is working well. I feel great, my weight is coming down. Anybody else tried this diet or know anything about it? Stories please........

Old 06-23-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:
my weight is coming down.
Will it stay down?

Old 06-27-2009, 03:58 PM

Well apparantly, quick loss diets are effective. Of course if you go back to old eating habits then the weight will go back up.

Old 07-08-2009, 07:30 PM

I have now lost 12 pounds!!! I do the down day diet on the days when I am not too stressed or busy - just stick to 500-600 cals. Then next day eat 1600 cals - 1800. My stomach has shrunk, so not eating so much on the up days anyway. I can easly stick to the very low cal intake on the down day, because I know the next day I can eat more!!! The body doesn't go into starvation mode - because I am having my up days alongside the down days - BUT the tally of low calorie days all add up to WEIGHT LOSS!!! I think this diet is great.

Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 AM

Quote:
if you go back to old eating habits
I wonder if people ever do that.

Old 07-14-2009, 07:38 PM

330 posts, read 937,038 times
Quote:
I am currently on the JUDD - one day, you have your normal calorie intake - without overeating. The next you have only 500 - 600 calories. It works (so said) because it activates your body into metabolising more efficiently and it is supposed to be good for all round health - I have lost some weight since starting. It isn't too bad as you only diet one day at a time - it helps to stick to it, knowing that you can always eat what you want (to a certain extent) the next day. Anyway, has anyone tried this diet? Have you had success? Love to hear from you.

If you have never heard of this - you can google in JOHNSON UP DAY DOWN DAY DIET and you can find out more....

wow thanks for the info I looked this up annd it sounnd like I may stik to this an you give me points on what you eat on down days? thanks

Old 07-14-2009, 09:34 PM

On the down days I eat soup - tends to be filling and low in cals (not the creamed soup variety!!) Also, eat bowls of salad for the crunch factor. If I long to eat somehing I just remind myself that I can have it tommorrow....unless it is a bag of doughnuts...lol. I have found that the down days weren't as difficult as I imagined - it was a matter of remembering "This is just for today" and then taking a day at a time. I think its a really good diet. Willpower wise - we can all manage a day of low calorie intake, followed by a normal day.
You also appreciate your normal days more. Make hopefully wiser choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss