Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,062,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
LOL. Sure you did.
Even that story on the local news channel in my hometown had a troll stop in and comment on the story more than a month after it was posted.

Is there some group of brainwashed HCG users out there who scour the net to promote this? I've honestly never seen anything like it. It seems like anytime HCG gets mentioned on the net, they swoop in on it.

Weird Moderator cut: language removed man.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 07-15-2010 at 08:42 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 02:54 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,923 times
They are "hormonal" - Hey, I went through two pregnancies. Hormanal pregnant woman just are a bit tetched in the head Maybe ingesting or injecting their pee does the same thing

Old 06-29-2010, 10:19 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,422,405 times
When someone has 7 posts (ever) and they are all about HCG, you can bet your bottom dollar they have a monetary stake in the product.

Do people who take HCG lose weight? Of course they do, as would anyone on a very calorie restricted diet!

Is it without side effects? Of course not, nothing is! I've done some research and the potential side effects are enough to scare me away. I'm in the health care field at one of the top major medical centers in the US and the physicians involved in weight loss here greatly caution against this product!

Do people who take HCG keep the weight off? Well, I can answer for a friend of mine who lost over 80 lb 3 years ago.....he has not only regained all of the lost weight but an additional 25lb!

Old 06-29-2010, 10:44 AM

3 posts, read 6,797 times
I really don't understand these silly people that are so worked up about people that try this 'diet'. I am using it and it is working for me. Do I have ANY vested interest in promoting Hcg? No, none, zero. Does my low post count mean anything? No. If you don't want to try it, don't. If people did their research, they would know that the body uses the spare fat to burn as energy when they are down to 500 calories. I cut out the alcohol, really cut back on food intake and started exercising. Could it be a placebo effect along with lifestyle changes? Sure. I don't care. I am down 40 lbs. that is the bottom line.

Old 07-02-2010, 01:59 PM

660 posts, read 1,397,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grannynancy View Post
Just food for thought for anyone considering it. I am assuming you are the same person who keeps coming in under a different "persona"
Maybe HCG turns you into a split personality and you just dont know it yet.

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/reprint/29/9/940.pdf

http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1365103/?page=1
Well done! I was just about to post a link myself where the FDA warns about possibility of developing Cancer from hCG usage.

Logically, since hCG is the hormone produced by Pregnant Women, one would think that if injecting this would supposedly work, then why do Pregnant Women gain weight? And if Pregnant Women's bodies are full of this hormone until giving birth, why do so many complain post pregnancy that it's hard to take the weight off afterward, even though the hCG diet claims that the fat stays off forever because of the injections of hCG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosco55David View Post
Is there some group of brainwashed HCG users out there who scour the net to promote this? I've honestly never seen anything like it. It seems like anytime HCG gets mentioned on the net, they swoop in on it. Weird **** man.
These 1 or 2 post "posters" promoting hCG probably spend their time using a search engine daily to find places that mention it, and then swoop in via membership to promote their product. They are salespeople disguised as "new" members. Sad.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 2,901 times
Can anyone tell me if this is safe if you have a family history of estrogen fed breast cancer?

Old 07-15-2010, 11:38 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa Cameron View Post
Can anyone tell me if this is safe if you have a family history of estrogen fed breast cancer?
No it is NOT safe. Ask your doctor, he'll tell you the same thing. Dont do this diet.

Old 07-20-2010, 10:44 AM

5 posts, read 9,132 times
Sounds great with those positive feedbacks. sounds scary with the thought of damaged organs. are there actually effective and safe medications to lose weight faster?

Old 08-02-2010, 06:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,777 times
I have been on HCG since April of this year (on my 3rd round with now with 10 pounds to weight goal) and to date have lost over 50 pounds, and gone down from size 18-20 to size 8-10. I have had NO health issues, in fact my blood pressure, which had gone up a bit after I had gotten really sick in October, has gone back down to what my normal is 100/73. I feel great! I had tried every diet out there with success, especially Atkins, but would always gain the weight back. I had gotten the mind set that I had to eat A LOT of protein in order for the diet to work. Starting HCG made me realize that my portin sizes had been way to large. I am not hungry, I have gotten creative in my food preparations, and I am excited after all these years that I actually can wear a bathing suit out in public!

Old 08-02-2010, 08:28 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,551,923 times
LOL another "first time poster" with no forum participation pushing the product yet again.

The one person I know who did this - it was a colassal failure and he is heavier than when he started. 3months with nothing to show but weight gain.

Had he just counted calories and stuck with a plan instead of looking for magic cures....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss