Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 09:21 AM

1 posts, read 2,944 times

Advertisements

Hi i need to lose about 30 LBS and i cant seem to figure out how to do it. I have tried everything, Im posting a diet i saw on a thread if anyone can help me It would be appreciated.

I go to the gym 1-1:30 hours each day and do about 20 minutes of cardio. Im used to lifting weights so that's not a problem, but im not sure whats better reps or amount of weight you lift such as the 10, 8, 6 rep rule.

Based On a 1,200 Calorie Diet

Workout Tips:

- 45 Minutes of cardio before breakfast

- 30 Minutes of cardio at night & 45-50 minutes of weight lifting.

Food Tips:

- High Protein Breakfast

Breakfast Ideas

- Meal replacement powders usually consist of whey protein and complex carbohydrates. They contain little or no fat, are low in calories and are perfect to use between meals.

Meal replacement powders are great because you can whip up well rounded a meal containing perfect
Ratios of protein and carbohydrates in seconds.

They Recommend: Slim-Fast Optima: Chocolate Royale Shake Mix, 12.83 oz
Mix With Fat Free Milk

Lunch Ideas

- 1 large garden salad topped with 3 ounces of sliced chicken breast, ¼ cup of croutons, tomato and onion 4 teaspoons of reduced-fat Thousand Island dressing

- 1 turkey sandwich

* 2 slices whole wheat bread
* 2 oz. low-sodium turkey breast
* 1 oz. cheese
* 1 tablespoon of mustard
* Lettuce
* 1 slice of tomato

1 orange

- A small Caesar salad

- 1/2 serving Creamy Macaroni & Cheese
A handful of grapes

- 1 grilled chicken sandwich topped with lettuce and 1 slice of tomato on whole grain bun
1 tablespoon of mustard

- 1 turkey sandwich

* 2 whole wheat bread slices
* 1 ounce of sliced turkey breast
* 1 tomato slice
* 1 thin slice of cheddar cheese

Snack between Meals

- 1 piece of Fruit
- Fat free Yogurt

Dinner Ideas

- Salad, Sandwich, meal replacement, 1/2 serving of Mac and cheese
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 11:15 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
xxxixpats -
All of that sounds really good to me. I am not a big fan of the slim fast drinks etc. They have sooooooooo much sugar in them. Whenever I drank them I never felt full.

I have posted elsewhere in forums how I like w.watchers. I have never been to a meeting or done it online but I have the formula how you figure how many points you should have a day according to your weight etc and the calculation of how to figure how much points a particular food is. It has worked for me. I am down 9 lbs in 5 1/2 weeks. A gal at work was doing it and just helped me figure the points on food and now it is really easy to do.

I think it's really all about the portion size, eating small meals 5 or 6 through the day. Drink LOTS of water. Eat only until you are comfortable and not stuffed. Eat the right foods and you won't be as hungry. Exercise is so important too.

You are on the right path....good luck!

Old 09-11-2009, 12:20 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
OP, what you posted is all fine and dandy, but we need some more information about YOU!! Not a cut and paste diet/workout that someone else is doing.

Are you currently a member of a gym? If so, what gym?

OK, you say you are 30lbs overweight but what is your current level of fitness? Can you run? Can you lift weights? Can you even touch your toes?

Are you male or female? Old? Young?

What are your current eating habits like? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Snacks?

As you can see, in order for us to really give you specific information (instead of a shotgun type approach that is all over the board) we really need to know where you are starting from. From your post above, it seems that only the first paragraph refers to YOU, and the rest was cut and pasted from someone else, am I correct in that?

I see that you just joined this site, so I am hoping (and expecting) that since you started this thread looking for help, you will be an active participant in answering the questions of those here who want to help you reach your goal. Instead of just posting and running away.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:57 PM

251 posts, read 311,456 times
I am a big fan of climbing stairs for exercise. I work in a 4 story building and climb the stairs 10 times a night. That may seem like a lot but not really. It doesn't not take very long at all and I could easily do a lot more if I wanted but I'm staying with 10 for now. I also watch what what I eat, lots of fruits and veggies. I love going out and riding a bike and walking. And, on the stair climbing, I don't do them all at once of course, I take 2 at a time every half hour or so. Good luck.

Last edited by sportzfn; 09-11-2009 at 05:10 PM..

Old 09-11-2009, 05:14 PM

124 posts, read 333,661 times
Well I did lose some weight (about 30 pounds) by just eating fewer calories and exercising. Mostly on a treadmill....that was all I had. I still need to lose a little more but my motivation is down lately. Good luck to ya!

Old 09-11-2009, 06:58 PM

10 posts, read 43,274 times
Treadmill is a good exercise. You can do it even at home. I love my treadmill!

Old 01-27-2010, 09:38 PM

16 posts, read 53,764 times
If you have tried and tried then something is stopping you. Either physical(your body) or emotional/psychological.
Curbing your calorie intake to around 1800 to 2000 would really help out. Add to that exercise and you will drop weight fast. I would suspect you would lose 5-10 lbs. in your first week depending on your exercise regime.
Meal replacement shakes really help out with adding protein, vitamins and minerals to your body without adding too many calories. I would suggest an "all natural meal replacement". That way your putting any crap in your body.

Old 01-28-2010, 05:52 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
OP, what you posted is all fine and dandy, but we need some more information about YOU!! Not a cut and paste diet/workout that someone else is doing.

Are you currently a member of a gym? If so, what gym?

OK, you say you are 30lbs overweight but what is your current level of fitness? Can you run? Can you lift weights? Can you even touch your toes?

Are you male or female? Old? Young?

What are your current eating habits like? Breakfast? Lunch? Dinner? Snacks?

As you can see, in order for us to really give you specific information (instead of a shotgun type approach that is all over the board) we really need to know where you are starting from. From your post above, it seems that only the first paragraph refers to YOU, and the rest was cut and pasted from someone else, am I correct in that?

I see that you just joined this site, so I am hoping (and expecting) that since you started this thread looking for help, you will be an active participant in answering the questions of those here who want to help you reach your goal. Instead of just posting and running away.
These are exactly the questions I had. Plus, if you are a 5'6" female who weighs 180 lbs, 1200 calories will be enough to make you drop weight at first but you will probably plateau pretty quickly because the caloric deficit is too high. Diets do not have to be extreme to work.

Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,723,847 times
A diet is all fine and good, but you need to make a permanent lifestyle change in order to keep it off. Better to lose the weight slowly by changing your eating habits to something you can manage for the rest of your life, rather than crash dieting.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:52 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,266,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domino View Post
A diet is all fine and good, but you need to make a permanent lifestyle change in order to keep it off. Better to lose the weight slowly by changing your eating habits to something you can manage for the rest of your life, rather than crash dieting.
I agree. The eating plan the OP posted looks like a crash diet to me. Crash diets don't work in the long term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss