Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:46 PM

690 posts, read 2,107,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
A couple of years ago I was diagnosed with Non Alcoholic Steato Hepatitis and ever since then my health has been declining. A couple of months ago, after it being under control, my disease reoccurred with my liver panels going through the roof again. After much prayer and discussing with my husband I decided to take control of my health, stop all meds, and get myself to lose weight. I am 5'4" and I was weighing in at 144 lbs. I need to weigh right around 122 so on August 18th I decided I was only going to consume 960 calories per day with no extra exercise, just what I do normally. I have lost 10 pounds since then. I no longer crave sugar, fats or fast food. I have one Yooho drink in the morning 100 cals, with an Activia Light yogurt (70 cals) then for lunch a nice lunch right around 390 cals (Healthy Choice, Lean Cuisine, Subway Roast Beef Sandwich no cheese) then for dinner usually a light dinner of some pieces of chicken and steamed broccoli. It has worked for me!! I am on my way to 122!! And I don't work out!! From experience, working out just made me hungry! So I figured, that for me, the best thing to do was lose the weight first, especially to control my blood sugar and liver problem, and when I do get to my goal weight I will start to do some pilates, yoga, and slight weight training and I will monitor the calories I need to maintain my weight. I will post my progress here.
I do have to say that this past weekend we went to Mexico and I did eat fajitas (only about 2 small strips, 2 tablespoons of beans and rice and lots of salsa) and I did not gain weight!!
It takes discipline but it's either this or risk losing my liver or dying
My friend says she will try this as well. Again, you have to go according to how tall you are and how much you want to lose. I think I read the 960 calorie diet on line...I think Janet Jackson did this back when she looked fab!!
I am 39 years old and I certainly want to be around for my children. I will do a lab workup next month to see how being off meds and on this diet has affected my liver.
Will post before and after pics soon.

I think I would be okay netting 960 calories, but only after exercise. I feel like I'd be pretty weak (and grouchy!) only eating 960 calories and not getting exercise, but it's probably not that bad to help speed things up short-term. I think you should definitely up your intake when you get to 122. At least to 1,200, but I think around 1,500 would be the healthier option for maintaining a weight of 122.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 10:20 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,254,763 times
Just a FYI...undereating will make your body hold onto fat more than if you were eating the proper amt.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:41 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,907 times
Ok. Update. I have now lost over 12 lbs. I am up to 1200 cals a day and working out about 40 mins (cardio, walking, pilates) and feel great. I think that even IF I stopped losing weight I look great and feel great now! Plus now that I actually have energy to work out, I can build up muscle to burn the fat faster. I can't wait to go get my blood drawn next month and see what the results are. I am praying that my liver panels come up normal. If not, then I'll have to talk to the doctor again. I also think that being off those stupid antibiotics that I have been on for the past 10 years !! (cystic acne) have seriously fudged up my system. I'll report later. But last night after eating 1215 cals, I weighed in this morning and am staying at the current weight! I will not buy any new clothes until Oct 19, which is the deadline I gave myself to get to 122!! That is my reward. But the 960 cals per day/no exercise worked for me for that first month since I was too tired and sick to work out. Even my skin looks clearer now!!

Old 09-25-2009, 04:51 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,400,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTR36 View Post
Ok. Update. I have now lost over 12 lbs. I am up to 1200 cals a day and working out about 40 mins (cardio, walking, pilates) and feel great. I think that even IF I stopped losing weight I look great and feel great now! Plus now that I actually have energy to work out, I can build up muscle to burn the fat faster. I can't wait to go get my blood drawn next month and see what the results are. I am praying that my liver panels come up normal. If not, then I'll have to talk to the doctor again. I also think that being off those stupid antibiotics that I have been on for the past 10 years !! (cystic acne) have seriously fudged up my system. I'll report later. But last night after eating 1215 cals, I weighed in this morning and am staying at the current weight! I will not buy any new clothes until Oct 19, which is the deadline I gave myself to get to 122!! That is my reward. But the 960 cals per day/no exercise worked for me for that first month since I was too tired and sick to work out. Even my skin looks clearer now!!

Congratulations! You sound like you are doing great. I wish I'd get myself back into gear.

Old 10-15-2009, 12:42 PM

1,914 posts, read 7,147,907 times
I am still at 132. But I look better than ever! I can finally fit into my skinny jeans that I haven't worn in 4 years!! Best of all I had a hepatic panel done last Friday and the results are stellar!! I went from levels of 181 to 36!!!! A drastic change and drop, which means my liver is starting to function regularly again. I completely went off all meds, including the pre-diabetic one my doctor told me I NEEDED in order for my liver panels to improve. Guess what? It turns out I didn't need it at all. In fact my sugar levels are so stable I don't have hypoglicemia like I used to. I work out 6 days a week and I have now joined a gym so I can work out during lunch
I look and feel great. Heck even my skin is brighter and clearer. Everyone says how skinny I look, but best of all how healthy I look. I was told I didn't look like I had three kids esp. not the mother of an 18 year old !! (that's the best compliment huh ladies???)
So my "starvation" diet of 960 cals. worked. I did that for about 5 weeks then slowly went up to 1200 where I am at right now. I will continue working out, and I don't even care to look at the scale anymore, since I am dropping pant sizes like crazy thanks to the exercise.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:31 PM

1 posts, read 2,083 times
actaully, it is healthy, it all depends on you height weight and how much u excercise to determine how many calories you shoud be intaking. i weigh 120 and am 5'4 and to loose weight, wich i want to i should only be intaking 960 calories as well with slight excercise. Then after you loose the amount of weight you want to you up your calories( not too much) to maintain it.

Old 02-21-2011, 02:10 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,283,220 times
Sounds like Dukan cruise phase, protein & vegetables only.... make sure you get your macronutients right & eat a ton of protein otherwise less than 1,000 calories a day is just crazy. Whatever you do, don't eat so restrictively for a long period of time.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:15 AM

21 posts, read 39,313 times
So CTR36, whats going on now? Where are you in your plan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss