Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 12:44 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,131,339 times

Advertisements

What a great simple article......

God bless him!

CLICK ON ME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 09:08 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,514,386 times
Thanks for posting this story Ron . I'm always researching about centenarians and their longevity secrets and so i'm totally not surprised about his good health and longevity with his only eating twice a day for years.

6/3

Old 09-25-2009, 03:42 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,131,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Thanks for posting this story Ron . I'm always researching about centenarians and their longevity secrets and so i'm totally not surprised about his good health and longevity with his only eating twice a day for years.

6/3
Neither am I. Have you ever noticed how simple our elders can make life?

Old 09-25-2009, 09:42 PM

5,291 posts, read 5,958,411 times
For another perspective, take a look at Gertrude Baines, who died on September 11th of this year.

"Gertrude Baines, who lived to be the world’s oldest person on a steady diet of crispy bacon, fried chicken and ice cream, died Friday at a nursing home. She was 115."

What a great diet!

Old 09-25-2009, 09:47 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,767,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenora View Post
For another perspective, take a look at Gertrude Baines, who died on September 11th of this year.

"Gertrude Baines, who lived to be the world’s oldest person on a steady diet of crispy bacon, fried chicken and ice cream, died Friday at a nursing home. She was 115."

What a great diet!
My kind of woman.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:44 PM

18,190 posts, read 16,765,964 times
It's all in the jeans. And being short doesn't hurt either, at least for men. All the short men I knew in my life lived a minimum of 90 years. Less work for the heart over the years.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:35 AM

7,067 posts, read 12,573,364 times
It's fascinating to read of individuals who have attained good health and longevity through a certain eating or exercise program..but I think it pays to keep in mind, that these are individual cases and not the results of wide population studies.

For example, ONE person who lived a long live despite a diet of eating junky food does not make a case that eating junky food will give most people longevity..it's an exception, rather than the rule.

I just hope people don't decide to consume the same diet because one individual lived a long life while eating this kind of diet. Countless others die young from eating the Standard American Diet of highly processed, fatty, salty and junk food...

On the other hand, the gentleman in the article who ate a restricted diet has science supporting his way of eating as contributing to longevity...but most of us are not going to live our lives by calorie restriction...even to prolong our lives...the way lies somewhere in-between..neither over not under eating to the point of getting enough calories to support us without too many calories to swell us...

And, of course, regular aerobic and anerobic exercise...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss