Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2009, 10:41 PM

6,874 posts, read 11,194,066 times

Advertisements

OK, got your attention! Starting tomorrow, I am starting a journal of how I feel each day. I started on Weight Watchers August 1st and on the 28th of August, I had only lost 2 1/2 pounds. I got discouraged and I have changed some habits but not all.

Here goes: October 1st - goals: lots of water, stay away from my friend butter (yes, I am cooking using olive oil which is good). I have switched to eating cheerios in the morning rather than Special K which I loved. I will add 1 physical activity every 3 days. That will be hard but I just read that I should be getting 1 hour of exercise each day and obviously, I haven't been doing that.

I will be going back to WW but I will prepare our own food rather than buying theirs for now (even though they are delicious). I think the sodium was a problem for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 04:17 AM

30 posts, read 73,444 times
Congratulations on your decision, Bette!

We all know olive oil is a LOT healthier than butter. Good to hear you're now switching. Keep it up!

Old 12-14-2009, 04:34 AM

25 posts, read 136,445 times
Stick to it! it'll be worth it

Old 12-14-2009, 05:09 AM

1,461 posts, read 4,854,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bette View Post
OK, got your attention! Starting tomorrow, I am starting a journal of how I feel each day. I started on Weight Watchers August 1st and on the 28th of August, I had only lost 2 1/2 pounds. I got discouraged and I have changed some habits but not all.Here goes: October 1st - goals: lots of water, stay away from my friend butter (yes, I am cooking using olive oil which is good). I have switched to eating cheerios in the morning rather than Special K which I loved. I will add 1 physical activity every 3 days. That will be hard but I just read that I should be getting 1 hour of exercise each day and obviously, I haven't been doing that.I will be going back to WW but I will prepare our own food rather than buying theirs for now (even though they are delicious). I think the sodium was a problem for me.
Hi Bette: I am a Weight Watcher and have been keeping a journal on here since I started in July. I have lost 36 pounds as of last Saturday and it has been a steady drop for me week to week of anywhere from 3 pounds to 1.6 pounds. I had only one week where I stayed level but I blame that on my body resting. You can have the Weight Watchers prepared foods but if you do, drink lots of water to flush the excessive sodium out of your system. I have a fluid retention issue so when we do eat these dinners, I make sure that I up my water consumption.

The whole secret to being a successful Weight Watcher is to stay for their meetings and listen to what the lecturer says as well as the input you get from the other participants. I have learned so much just from my fellow class members. You can also get an online account once you join and find all kinds of support and recipes there. You can also keep track of your points, calculate points and follow your weight loss progress. it is an amazing program.

Yes, the WW program wants you to MOVE, meaning that any kind of movement will earn you back some of the points you have spent on food (burn calories). Housework is a big one that will earn you back points you have spent..just 10 minutes of housework a day is amazing with points earned back.

Good luck with the program and hope to hear back from you soon that you are once again attending class..it works!!

Regards
Conn Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss