Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 02:44 PM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Supersize Me - McDonalds Fast-Food Test

Food gross out...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 02:48 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,901,674 times
Baked french fries are good. They are coated with powdered egg whites, and baked. Veggie burgers are good if they know what type to make. Supersize Me was a good show. People eat with their emotions, and not the common sense, sometimes.

Old 10-13-2009, 03:51 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,958,318 times
Wow. I cant believe I missed this thread. Those french fries are the worst. Dont think I can ever eat them again. McDonalds food really does taste good, but it seems to always upset my stomach just a few minutes after eating. Maybe its because my body is somewhat used to NOT taking in any fast food junk. Sure, I'll have an In-N-Out burger once every month or two, but that is about it when it comes to fast food.

Think I'll repost this vid on my Facebook.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:02 AM

18 posts, read 53,695 times
I can't believe this... and probably never would! Although we know that french fries are unhealthy because of its fat content, the fact that it did not decay for over two weeks inside the jar is unbelievable. Add to the fact that the video has ebaumsworld logo on it. ebaumsworld is never credible enough.

Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 AM

3,631 posts, read 14,553,903 times
Other than the fries which allegedly kept for 10 weeks, hmmm.

I am not sure I "get it" - what is the point? Food left out rots. The jars prevent flies etc from having access so you are left with mold and whatever bacteria is on the food.

You put healthy vegetables in the same jars and you are also going to have a slimy stinky mess

Old 10-14-2009, 01:44 PM

Well it has dual points...Why would you eat something that does not break down...Does not seem like a good idea at all. The other point is...I have been not craving 800 calorie hamburgers this week of any type after seeing the goo.

Watch "Super Size Me" if you have not already. I think it is on the instant watch for netflix right now.

Old 10-15-2009, 02:25 PM

78 posts, read 227,872 times
You mean there are preservatives in McDonald's processed "potato product" - based fries???? What a shock! This is investigative scientific research at its best!. At this rate they may uncover that the chicken nuggets are less than 50% chicken and contain over 50% corn, along with some synthetic ingredients and petroleum derivatives.

Are we really surprised at any of this?

Old 10-18-2009, 07:36 AM

Well I thought it was just funny and gross....Was not trying to surprise anyone.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:46 AM

127 posts, read 364,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borninAugust View Post
I can't believe this... and probably never would! Although we know that french fries are unhealthy because of its fat content, the fact that it did not decay for over two weeks inside the jar is unbelievable. Add to the fact that the video has ebaumsworld logo on it. ebaumsworld is never credible enough.
They didn't make the video, it's from a documentary called Super Size Me. And if you've ever cleaned out a car and found a few McDonald's french fries in the cushions, you'll know it's true. They don't really do anything except dry out.

McDonald's food is gross anyway, out of all of the fast food choices I can't believe that anyone chooses to eat there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss