Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 01:08 PM

4 posts, read 7,085 times

Advertisements

[quote=Bosco55David;11615038]Any Whey Protein works fine. Just make sure you get one with low carbs. Under 5g of carbs per serving is what I'm talking about.

If you have a Sam's Club membership, you can get 5lb bags of EAS Whey Protein for around $30. That's a good deal.

You can also make your own protein blend at TrueProtein.com. Their prices are very reasonable as well and you can play with the combo you want. If you check out the IntenseMuscle.com forums you'll see people who have posted discount codes in their signatures as well.

I use this powder, adding frozen blueberries, small banana, a few chunks of Dole frozen mango, Paradise ORAC Energy Greens (equivalent of 24 servings of fruits and vegetables in antioxidant capacity). It's considered a superfood an a scoop of benefiber in it. Is this too much?

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-25-2022 at 07:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 02:17 PM

26,375 posts, read 46,238,636 times
Those teend to have a lot of ingredients and additives. These often have whey powder, so those avoiding dairy shouldn't consume those supplements.

Old 03-28-2012, 03:54 PM

251 posts, read 569,905 times
There is nothing magical about protein powder that facilitates weight loss. It's simply an easy and efficient form of consuming protein.
That's it.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:41 PM

1,494 posts, read 2,711,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walthree View Post
Looking for recommendations. Which powder is best for meal replacement when I'm too lazy to make something to eat.

Thanks.

Ultrameal is a very good meal replacement.

If you're just looking for a protein shake with minimal calories and no vitamins I recommend Syntrax Matrix.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:40 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,721,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinitylove View Post
There is nothing magical about protein powder that facilitates weight loss. It's simply an easy and efficient form of consuming protein.
That's it.
I believe that's what the OP said he/she is looking for.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:34 AM

1 posts, read 1,717 times
I am Addie Davison, by professional health consultant. I meet lot of people daily, They share with me about their weight loss supplements and they ask me some tips about weight loss . I suggest them best natural weight loss supplements. Just like Plexus Slim, Safslim, Healthe Trim.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:50 PM

3 posts, read 4,351 times
Hi friends,...
Proteins is the best for good health and good fitness.Protein powder is the best for energy.
So we should be eating the energetic and proteins foods.Because energetic foods
keep us active and protect from the different diseases.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss