Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:09 AM

24 posts, read 99,863 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to share this informational link. I hope that you do take the time to read and/or view it, it is shocking!

POV - Food, Inc. | PBS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 08:17 AM

897 posts, read 1,690,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blancagt View Post
Just wanted to share this informational link. I hope that you do take the time to read and/or view it, it is shocking!

POV - Food, Inc. | PBS

I'd rather have the bad food,tastes much better than the "Healthy" foods!

Old 04-22-2010, 01:05 PM

7,149 posts, read 12,699,149 times
Watched it, yuck, yuck and more yuck. Some I already knew but much of it made me avert my eyes or get very angry. Those poor farmers and suppliers tormented by the company that begins with M?

I read this AM that seven states are investigating M's business practices...let's hope there will be more to come. Competing in the marketplace is one thing but their strong-arm and bullying is way, way over the top. I'm surprised this goes on not only here, but internationally. What about anti-trust laws??

IMHO, this is what terrorism is...what they're doing to our food supply (and the global food supply) and to free enterprise. Why is this being allowed---former M employees in high places seems to be one answer...

I'm very sad today.

Last edited by LittleDolphin; 04-22-2010 at 01:05 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 04-22-2010, 02:34 PM

29,762 posts, read 34,469,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post
You're eating the wrong healthy food, then. Saying that things that are good for you are tasteless is such a cop-out.

Old 04-22-2010, 03:12 PM

7,149 posts, read 12,699,149 times
Yep, healthy food tastes great, IMHO. What's not to like about fresh, sun-ripened, unsprayed with poison foods?

Or have you tasted the difference between eggs from a friend's chicken that runs around the yard and a commercial egg? A world of difference in flavor.

How about a wild just-caught fresh salmon form the cold waters of the Pacific versus a farmed salmon--the first has firm flesh and is bursting with favor. The farmed salmon has pale, flabby flesh and has very little flavor. Hard to believe they're even the same species...

Healthy food, for the most part, is much more flavorful than commercial, highly process stuff...

Of course sometimes our palate get educated to enjoy the highly salted, heavily MSG'd and sugared lab-created foods we're trained to eat through advertising.

I'd rather add my own flavorings...

Old 04-23-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David674UT View Post

good for you! hope all that pesticide, corn syrup, high fructose corn syrup and all the rest of the chemicals that are in your food keep you healthy...mentally and physically.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Watched it, yuck, yuck and more yuck. Some I already knew but much of it made me avert my eyes or get very angry. Those poor farmers and suppliers tormented by the company that begins with M?

I read this AM that seven states are investigating M's business practices...let's hope there will be more to come. Competing in the marketplace is one thing but their strong-arm and bullying is way, way over the top. I'm surprised this goes on not only here, but internationally. What about anti-trust laws??

IMHO, this is what terrorism is...what they're doing to our food supply (and the global food supply) and to free enterprise. Why is this being allowed---former M employees in high places seems to be one answer...

I'm very sad today.
same here...i knew that our food had chemicals and such and that they are not good for us, but i had no idea what REALLY takes places when it comes to our food source.

the crazy thing that i am thinking about is ...many complain (replublicans/conservatives and others...) about not wanting to have our goverment in our health care business....

isn't the government in our food source and to top it off, they know how bad it is for us, and yet they do not care about what they are doing to our food source. but yet they tell us that they are doing what is best for our nation? BS!!!

now, i am not wanting to get into politics...to me, both parties are full of $hit!

i hope that after viewing this video, that we all take action and do what is right for us and for our loved one....

please share this video.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:28 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,751,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're eating the wrong healthy food, then. Saying that things that are good for you are tasteless is such a cop-out.
Well, yeah, but there are some things that do taste great that are not good for you. Like a homemade peach pie. Brownies. Creme brulee. Nachos.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:05 AM

29,762 posts, read 34,469,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Well, yeah, but there are some things that do taste great that are not good for you. Like a homemade peach pie. Brownies. Creme brulee. Nachos.
You're not lying, JJ. But there is more to healthy eating than facing a rice cake and a plate of lettuce at every meal.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:53 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,751,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
You're not lying, JJ. But there is more to healthy eating than facing a rice cake and a plate of lettuce at every meal.
I definitely agree there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss