Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 03:50 PM

1 posts, read 1,927 times

Advertisements

i have a yorke mixed with a chiwawa yesterday i gave him food and he threw it up, today he has vomitted like 3 to 4 times today. today he kept on vomitting some yellow and whit guewy stuff and it had white foam on it. what is this?, im very worried, what can i do to help? please help me asap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,607,770 times
Vet visit, ASAP. Small dogs can get dehydrated very quickly with vomiting. Dehydration can lead to death.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:43 PM

14,785 posts, read 23,965,127 times
small dogs also are prone to low sugar bouts and diabetes and you name it . Proud owner of a low blood sugar sufferer better known as a 5lb chihuahua .

Old 06-20-2010, 02:57 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,555,124 times
I agree, the dog needs to see a vet ASAP! What kind of food are you feeding? If there are no vets open today, being Sunday and all, I would try to give him something bland like boiled chicken and oatmeal, see if that stays down...give very small portions.

Old 06-20-2010, 02:59 PM

2,807 posts, read 7,555,124 times
Also, is this a puppy or an adult dog? Any diarrhea? Lethargy?

Old 06-20-2010, 03:16 PM

8,039 posts, read 4,499,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeydelin View Post
i have a yorke mixed with a chiwawa yesterday i gave him food and he threw it up, today he has vomitted like 3 to 4 times today. today he kept on vomitting some yellow and whit guewy stuff and it had white foam on it. what is this?, im very worried, what can i do to help? please help me asap
Maybe I can help as this past week I had the same thing with my Westy. She threw up several times in the night and during the day same substance. I made sure she had plenty of water available with ice in it, also you can try pedialite I have tried that before with my dogs. The important thing is to get some fluid in him. Don't feed him at least for today. Then put him on a diet of chicken (skinless) and rice. small amounts. I also gave my dog some Pepto my dog is a 20lb dog so I gave her one teaspoon your Yorkie should have much less. Maybe some of the other posters can direct you better than I on the amount. Just watch him and if he continues take him to the vet. Sometimes these little guys get tummy trouble from eating grass and stuff in the yard and sometimes they just get an upset tummy like people. The important thing is to keep him hydrated. Good luck and let us know how he is doing.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:00 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,239,143 times
How is your yorki/Chi doing today ? I hope better,

Old 06-20-2010, 05:05 PM

33,943 posts, read 22,390,371 times
I don't worry as much about my Westie when he throws up a time or two because he is a very sturdy 15 lbs. When a little 4 lb dog is throwing up repeatedly - like the other poster said - they can dehydrate very quickly.

I hope your dog is better today or you were able to get her to a Vet.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I don't worry as much about my Westie when he throws up a time or two because he is a very sturdy 15 lbs. When a little 4 lb dog is throwing up repeatedly - like the other poster said - they can dehydrate very quickly.

I hope your dog is better today or you were able to get her to a Vet.
You are right there is a big differance. I probably gave the wrong advice. I do hope the little fella is ok.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeydelin View Post
I think I gave you the wrong advice I didn't factor in the fact that your little guy is much tinier than my Westie. Please take the advice I gave with a grain of salt and do by all means consult a Vet ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs