Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 06:20 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,701,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonchix View Post
Do a search on CD for "TTA surgery for dogs"...and you will find all my posts and pictures I took of our dog that had knee surgery. Hope they help!
Thanks very much!!!! I see you have become an expert and I think I'm going to get a degree in one as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 08:59 PM

4 posts, read 12,329 times
Hi, My 95lb Labradoodle had TTA surgery was done almost 2 weeks ago. I did much research and spoke with 3 different Vets. We had TTA done because of her weight. There are 2 other procedures that can be done on dogs under 75lbs. Tightrope or Lateral Suture procedures are done on dogs under 75 lbs. The TTA surgery is a newer surgery than TPLO but has been done for many years in Europe. If you Google search TTA Dog ACL surgical repair you will find the website for TTA surgery and they will tell you the Vets that are certified for this procedure in your area. I am sorry but the exact name of the site escapes me right now. Good Luck. Send me a message if you can't find it and I will look it up for you.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,701,662 times
Ok Thanks so much! Well the vet called and rescheduled the surgery for Aug. 24 which is kind of a pain especially since he hurt his leg more last week so he is literally on three legs right now I guess he is actually doing fine, but, he still is trying to play way to much and I see this isn't going to be easy but we shall make the recovery work

Old 08-06-2010, 10:58 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,293,444 times
I hope the surgery goes well and that he heals quickly! Amazonchix is the expert in this, so I'd PM her with any questions!

Old 08-13-2010, 01:37 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,528,311 times
Good Luck with surgery and maybe will be a bit cooler so be more comfortable when get back home, plus more time to get all that is needed to spoil rotten after.

Storm one that will play this out for all it is worth so gets treats and such. I had one get injured and was limping around.(sliced foot open) So she got extra treats and such so look at it and trying to make her no we were worried. Well she played us good as when knew we were looking would limp and whine. Caught a few times playing and no limp or whine until seen me and then limp started came over and started whining, reminded me of a human child and playing a injury up as much as possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs