Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 09:51 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,006,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
The shipping makes the cost of the already-expensive food even more cost-prohibitive.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I'm going in to buy some treats and shampoo for him later this week. I'll ask them if they can swing something for me to get Acana and/or Orijen locally.

You could try Pet Food Online | Dog & Cat Supplies & Products | PetFoodDirect.com sometimes they run specials on shipping. I've seen free shipping at times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 09:53 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,293,444 times
I just can't believe you don't have a supplier near you. You should call the company directly because maybe the supplier near you doesn't update the site. Every single pet store in my area carries both Orijen and Acana, and I know the ones near my mom in Jersey do as well, so it's not a regional thing. This food comes from Canada...you're much closer than me!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:57 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,044,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
You could try Pet Food Online | Dog & Cat Supplies & Products | PetFoodDirect.com sometimes they run specials on shipping. I've seen free shipping at times.
Thanks! I'll look into it. I buy other stuff from there, so I'll definitely check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
I just can't believe you don't have a supplier near you. You should call the company directly because maybe the supplier near you doesn't update the site. Every single pet store in my area carries both Orijen and Acana, and I know the ones near my mom in Jersey do as well, so it's not a regional thing. This food comes from Canada...you're much closer than me!
My local store didn't carry Taste of the Wild until I asked them to. Actually, I told the Taste of the Wild folks and THEY put it into the store. Either way, I have easy access, so that's good.

I'll definitely ask them about Acana and Orijen later this week.

Some stores in CT carry it, and some are not TOO far, but I like to support this one store -- which is, coincidentally, the closest -- so I'm hoping I can make this happen.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:59 AM

1,201 posts, read 4,541,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Mine carries Orijen but not Acana or vice versa, I know they have one but not the other lol

Old 07-26-2010, 10:10 AM

Champion Pet Foods is the manufacturer of both. If they have one, they should have both! It's one rep for both companies. And D, I've had issues with not being able to find the Stella & Chewy's in the past. On their site, they listed a store but that store didn't actually sell it..or they omitted a store and that store had it. They had an updated list when I called and I found one down the block from me.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:27 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,475,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
I think you can get it at amazon.com.
I forgot all about Amazon! I checked into this thread because I'm running out of the brand I feed my pupper (it's not available where i live) and was looking for a replacement. But they've got it on Amazon! Thanks for the reminder ~

Old 07-26-2010, 10:29 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
One of my friends with a bull mastiff used to feed him cooked ground lamb and rice that she made for him.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 AM

Just go for the real deal! Here is PC, with a raw lamb steak at the age of almost 3 months. He was in doggie heaven!

Old 07-26-2010, 10:40 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Felina View Post
I forgot all about Amazon! I checked into this thread because I'm running out of the brand I feed my pupper (it's not available where i live) and was looking for a replacement. But they've got it on Amazon! Thanks for the reminder ~
If you are going to purchase from Amazon, it might be worth it to sign up for Amazon Prime. Basically you pay $79 for the year and get unlimited free, 2-day shipping on all of your purchases.

Just double check to make sure that prime covers the shipping of your dog food before you sign up.

We do a lot of our shopping online for the holidays and it saved us a ton of money in shipping costs.

Old 07-26-2010, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
If you are going to purchase from Amazon, it might be worth it to sign up for Amazon Prime. Basically you pay $79 for the year and get unlimited free, 2-day shipping on all of your purchases.
If you have a .edu email address, your first year of Prime is free! Doesn't matter if you're in school still. As long as you have access to your school email account (most alumni do) you can sign up that way!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs