Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 10:57 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,013,815 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Champion Pet Foods is the manufacturer of both. If they have one, they should have both! It's one rep for both companies. And D, I've had issues with not being able to find the Stella & Chewy's in the past. On their site, they listed a store but that store didn't actually sell it..or they omitted a store and that store had it. They had an updated list when I called and I found one down the block from me.
I buy the Stella & Chewy's online. The patties are light, I buy four bags at a time (one of each flavor), and the shipping is totally reasonable because of their light weight.

PS. Did you notice that Artie's graduated from half a patty mixed into his kibble to a whole patty per meal? Yeah, the kid is robbing me blind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
One of my friends with a bull mastiff used to feed him cooked ground lamb and rice that she made for him.
Quote:
Just go for the real deal! Here is PC, with a raw lamb steak at the age of almost 3 months. He was in doggie heaven!
miu: I can't do rice. Artie's grain-intolerant.

miu & MAK: The thing is, I still want to feed Artie kibble. I like that the crunchies clean his teeth while he's eating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
If you are going to purchase from Amazon, it might be worth it to sign up for Amazon Prime. Basically you pay $79 for the year and get unlimited free, 2-day shipping on all of your purchases.

Just double check to make sure that prime covers the shipping of your dog food before you sign up.

We do a lot of our shopping online for the holidays and it saved us a ton of money in shipping costs.
Hmmm. I'm going to look into that but I *think* that Prime only covers items that are shipped directly from Amazon, not from the resellers, and I *think* that most (all?) the dog food is through resellers. BUT... I'll check. Thanks for the good idea!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2010, 11:06 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
I buy the Stella & Chewy's online. The patties are light, I buy four bags at a time (one of each flavor), and the shipping is totally reasonable because of their light weight.

PS. Did you notice that Artie's graduated from half a patty mixed into his kibble to a whole patty per meal? Yeah, the kid is robbing me blind.
I order mine from the same place as you, it's much, much cheaper that way, even with shipping! Only one store here sells them for $24.99, but they are always out. The rest are $29.99, which is crazy! I only crumble like 1/4 of a patty in the food. Shockingly, it does the trick.

And did you see how cute PC used to be? I can't get over at the cute puppy I used to have. I want to go back in time so I can appreciate that cuteness some more and take better pictures!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I order mine from the same place as you, it's much, much cheaper that way, even with shipping! Only one store here sells them for $24.99, but they are always out. The rest are $29.99, which is crazy! I only crumble like 1/4 of a patty in the food. Shockingly, it does the trick.

And did you see how cute PC used to be? I can't get over at the cute puppy I used to have. I want to go back in time so I can appreciate that cuteness some more and take better pictures!
1/4 of a patty??? WHAT???? Sigh... I've been twisted around someone's paw, big time. And that someone's name rhymes with Fartie.

PC was cute and will always be cute.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:29 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,420,851 times
Wish I could help.

I won't mention that The Beeze eats whatever I put in front of him no matter the time of day, the amount, etc. He's the least picky eater you'll ever meet! He gets 2/3 cups dry Natural Balance in the morning and 1/3 cup at night. That's it. No mix-ins, no treats, nothing. And his poops are always perfect

Old 07-26-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Wish I could help.

I won't mention that The Beeze eats whatever I put in front of him no matter the time of day, the amount, etc. He's the least picky eater you'll ever meet! He gets 2/3 cups dry Natural Balance in the morning and 1/3 cup at night. That's it. No mix-ins, no treats, nothing. And his poops are always perfect
I thought we were friends!

Old 07-26-2010, 11:34 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Wish I could help.

I know plenty of shelter dogs that will eat anything as soon as it's placed down. You have no idea what his past life was like. They might have not fed him regularly, which is a shame.

PC knows that if he's picky, he'll get stuff mixed in. He also knows that food is and always has been available, since he was a pup. He will never go hungry, he never experienced hunger. I think that's the main reason he's one way and MB is another. MB must have been on a very irregular feeding schedule since he devours his food within seconds.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:59 AM

4,627 posts, read 10,468,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthe6ofus View Post
If you are going to purchase from Amazon, it might be worth it to sign up for Amazon Prime. Basically you pay $79 for the year and get unlimited free, 2-day shipping on all of your purchases.
Thanks for that info; I wasn't aware of it.

My pup's food is sold on Amazon with free shipping (supposedly received within 5-9 days) included. I ordered two bags right after I posted - It only cost me two dollars more than what I paid for it at the store. Not a bad deal.

Old 07-26-2010, 01:45 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,371,732 times
MAk that pic of PC is adorable (sorry hijacked thread to say that!)

Old 07-26-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykat View Post
MAk that pic of PC is adorable (sorry hijacked thread to say that!)
How dare you! There will be no chit-chat on one of my threads about anything that varies from the topic at hand! EVER! And ESPECIALLY when it's about PC.

Just kidding, of course, Jerseykat!

Old 07-26-2010, 02:15 PM

1,272 posts, read 2,371,732 times
LOL I just had to say something about PC cutie-ness (is that a word?).
He looks so soft and squishy I want to take him off the screen!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs