Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:50 AM

119 posts, read 467,850 times

Advertisements

I have two dogs and I am not in the market for another dog but I was talking to my friend and we were talking about what would be the idea dog. I will have to say that all my dogs have pretty much found me(stray, abandoned, needed adoption ect) but if you could pick what type of dog would it be and why?

I have had pretty much lab and lab/mixes most of my life and these dogs are terrific. My current Lab/Shepherd was so easy to train, loves everybody and is pretty to boot but there is two main problems they shed terribly and they are big enough to scare some small children(even tho they just want to love them) and they are hard to give a bath. I think a Golden Retreiver would also make an excellent dog but would have the same issues.

This is just a"for fun" thread and dont want to bash any certain breed just tell me what your perfect breed or type of mutt would be and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 08:53 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
The perfect dog for me would be the slug disguised as a dog laying next to me and my desk sound asleep and perfectly happy snoring, snotting and farting away oblivious to the world around him at the moment. I rescued him from the one who rescued him from the streets of East St Louis, IL about 5 years ago.

Old 08-10-2010, 08:54 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,428,379 times
Large lazy breed. One that's happy laying by me but doesn't want to be in my face.

That said, my Munchi is perfect for me and I can't imagine my life without that little booger. When she goes someone will have to dig a hole and drop me in next to her. She's an over active, over happy, in your face, long haired chihuahua. The exact opposite of what I'd consider my perfect dog. LOL

Old 08-10-2010, 09:10 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,932 times
ANY & EVERY dog...I LOVE them all. I've never met a dog a didn't like.

I just have a very soft mushy spot in my heart for Rotties. There is just something so special about them. They look tough, but are really just the biggest hairy cupcakes you ever met. They are content to go out & run and play.... to just being a big 'ole loaf snoring next to you. All the Rotty rescues we have done...some people would say... I can't control that dog... or she can't be trusted... etc... etc...
Honestly we have NEVER ever had any problems with our Rotts that we have adopted/rescued. They adjusted to our lifestyle and the other Rotties lifestyle.
A few of the females would have squabbles a couple times, but once they got use to each other & realized Mommy & Daddy have more love than all of them combined, they were fine.
Every one of our males have been perfect gentlemen.
So for Hubby & I.... we live & breathe Rottweilers. They are our everything. They are our world & they ALWAYS come first.
As far as I'm concerned... life wouldn't be worth living if it wasn't for dogs.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:11 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
I love the dogs I have now (smooth collie and rough collie).

Yeah, the shedding sucks, but I don't know of any breed that has all their great attributes without the shedding.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:16 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
The dog I have is already perfect. I have a little Bchon Frise who is just darling

Old 08-10-2010, 09:17 AM

408 posts, read 809,409 times
I have 2 dogs as well (Dobe, GS) so I can't have another at the moment either. My top 5 fav breeds I'd love to own someday:
1. Bermese Mt. Dog
2. Newfoundland
3. English Bulldog
4. Border Collie
5. Great Pyrenees

*I will definitely own another Doberman someday as well!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:21 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,942,396 times
Any short-haired dog that's big, mellow and doesn't bark too much. Special consideration given to APBT, Staffies, Rotties and Dobermans.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 AM

7,136 posts, read 12,672,933 times
I have three dogs, so I'm definitely not in the market for another, but my perfect dog would be a lapdog that's under five pounds, nonshedding, cute, friendly, and sweet. Luckily, I've already got her.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:30 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,949,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashcody View Post
I have 2 dogs as well (Dobe, GS) so I can't have another at the moment either. My top 5 fav breeds I'd love to own someday:
1. Bermese Mt. Dog
2. Newfoundland
3. English Bulldog
4. Border Collie
5. Great Pyrenees

*I will definitely own another Doberman someday as well!
Oh wow, you like them big.

How would you take care of the coats on those things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs