Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:10 AM

5,835 posts, read 5,198,500 times

Advertisements

We have four and two sleep with my DH and myself. My only little girl dog, Angel who is also pictured on the dog pic. thread, loves to cuddle and visa vera. She typically will cuddle up next to me by my next and stay there, which I love, hubby not so much or she ends up way down under the covers. How do they breathe under there?! The little Shih Tzu sleeps at the foot of the bed, bigger snoring Shih Tsu in his own bed and youngest Bijonpoo in his crate or they would all sleep in the bed with us! We really need an extra large king not a queen. And you????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 08:17 AM

690 posts, read 2,629,391 times
Blue sleeps in her bed next to our bed, on my side. She's getting her routine set, has "night night time" almost down pat - gets her baby, stands at the bedroom door, and looks at me and Daddy like, "Well? Are y'all coming or what?"

Old 02-22-2008, 08:35 AM

1,808 posts, read 6,493,390 times
Tonka sleeps in bed with us. He usually starts curled up, under the covers (!!) next to me. At some point during the night, he migrates out and sprawls in the middle of the bed, pushing DH and I to the extreme sides, perilously close to falling out of bed. As long as Tonka is comfy though, right? LOL

Old 02-22-2008, 08:58 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
Believe it or not, I have allergies to pet dander, but have successfully owned both cats and dogs -- as long as I don't put my face in their spaces, and vacuum the house routinely.

Our larger dog, the Weimaraner sleeps in a large crate in a corner of the bedroom. I think it gives him security, and I like that he will use the crate. He also likes to sprawl out beside the bed on my husband's side.

The JRT, has a bed on my side. He has always slept in a bed in our room, and won't voluntarily go into any kind of crate.

Each of the dogs has a bed in the family area of the house, and both like to crawl under our bed to sleep, especially in the summer. The bed sits about 20" off the floor, with a dust ruffle. I wonder if that's a security issue too? They won't share the space, however -- it's more like first one there, claims it!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,226,172 times
Shadow, all 85 pounds of her, sleeps in the bed with us.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,524,248 times
Doggie pillows we made or couches.Think with 5 large dogs they could all it on couches and puppies on pillows but NO!!! 1 dog will hog a whole couch all spread out.We are talking bloodhounds though and very large.If allowed upstairs never fit on our king size bed as they are bed hogs. Fall alseep on couch a dog will figure a way to snuggle in.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:10 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,987,200 times
We have 3 labs. Below are there sleeping arrangements:

During the day (when we are at work): On the family room sectional sofa. They don't realize they leave their fur as evidence!

At night: on their bolstered dog beds. we've got 3 in our family room and 3 in the bedroom..color coordinated with the room(s) - my wife wouldn't have it any other way!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:24 AM

4,596 posts, read 11,445,190 times
My two try to get on the furniture but I can't handle it. I do try to accommodate them with beds throughout the house -- coordinating, too. Hats off to your wife. I SO understand.

I get tickled when the big one wants to be in the little one's bed, and vice versa. What is THAT all about? Who is more 'alpha?'

Old 02-22-2008, 09:28 AM

2,238 posts, read 9,753,677 times
My dog has three or four places she sleeps. I don't know how she chooses, but she'll either sleep on the foot of my bed, on the floor at the side of my bed, in her crate (door open always), or on my daughter's bed in the spare room. Sometimes she'll get too piggy about space when she's on my bed, so I'll just wake up and tell her "Ripley go sleep in your bed" and she'll go to her crate.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:53 AM

1,222 posts, read 4,604,187 times
2 Pugs and a Boxer who all have their own beds in our room, but sneak on the bed with my husband when I am not around. So we have lots of snoring in our room.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs