Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 07:11 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,870,644 times

Advertisements

I had a family dog that was half German Shepherd and half Collie, and she looked more like a collie ad hardly like a German Shepherd at all. Anyway, her name was Mandy whom is no longer with us.

Sometime ago during my years of high school, I was awakened by the spookiest howl that ever came out of Mandy at about 3:15 A.M.. I was so scared that I did not want to get out of bed, but my mother got up and was talking loudly to the dog from the hallway outside my door for Mandy to be quiet. I got up, figuring that if anything bad was going to happen, I would rather it happened to me than to my mother. I don't think I got ahead of her to beat her to the kitchen. She got there first, having a head start. I looked into the kitchen from the living room where Mandy was gated in by a portable temp gate in the kitchen.

My older brother, Matt, was in the kitchen already since his bedroom was adjoining the kitchen.

Mandy was whimpering and whining, baring fangs and her tail was inbetween her legs, staying opposite from the sliding glass doors that led out to the back porch. While my mother continued to scold the dog, I noticed Mandy's intent is to stay away as far as possible from the sliding glass door by cowering near the door that led to the basement and the other door to the garage as they made up the one corner of the kitchen.

My brother, Matt, looked out the sliding glass door and saw nothing. When he walked away, a short moment later, I noticed the film of dew over the entry slding glass door. It was on the outside of this door.

What was odd about it was the spacial absence of the dew on this door in the center of it, having the shape of a person where the legs are somewhat telltaling as if someone had walked through the sliding glass door, seemingly having taken the dew with it. No, I did not witness this occurring, but that was the impression I got from looking at that spacial absence of dew on this door. I did walked up to it and looked out as my older brother, Matt, had done and saw nothing.

Eventually, Mandy calmed down, but favoured the corner by the two doors leading to the basement and the garage. We all went back to bed.

The next morning, my mother got a phone call from my aunt that one of my cousin had committed suicide. He had died about 3:15 A.M. There is a time difference by one hour as we were in Pennsylvania, and they were in Iowa. I have heard of banshees coming to warn about a forthcoming death in the family, but I don't know. It was weird and oddly coincidental.

Anyway: I have heard of dogs being sensitive to the supernatural: usually they will not enter any place that is not right.

There have been other odd occurences around the home, but I am a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world: Because Jesus is with me always, and the fact that I have been bought with a price and sealed as His whereas I can call God, Father, I know Whom to go to in prayer when stuff gets spooky around me. I thank God for Jesus Christ in being My Good Shepherd as well as My Saviour that I know He cares for me and will defend me.

Anyway, just sharing a true story about the family's dog and our family's encounter with the unknown.

Any other out there that wish to share their stories?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 07:16 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,997,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
I

What was odd about it was the spacial absence of the dew on this door in the center of it, having the shape of a person where the legs are somewhat telltaling as if someone had walked through the sliding glass door, seemingly having taken the dew with it.
That is CREEEEPY

Old 08-06-2010, 07:22 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,923,985 times
They are extremely. My dog always barks for no reason. I believe its my diseased family members tormenting her.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:32 PM

the next door neighbor rolled down the stairs at his house and broke his neck and died. it was 5 days before they even found him. My Bichon would always bark in the direction of that house, and would always growl at night when we walked by.

I feel so much more comfortable with him (the Bichon, not the dead man) sleeping with us. although he gives me the heebeegeebees sometimes when he perks his head up and starts to growl

Old 08-06-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
They are extremely. My dog always barks for no reason. I believe its my diseased family members tormenting her.
Any sign of stress like :

Tail between the legs?

An avoidance of a certain area?

If not, it could be that they hear things beyond our normal hearing that would cause them to bark. Sometimes dogs bark when they hear other dogs barking, even far away.

Usually dogs shy away from supernatural presence. They do not want to get anywhere near it or enter a room where something is not right. At least that is the pattern of behaviour as recounted by others on the internet elsewhere from this public forum.

My folks have an animal that has been thumping around in the attic. I saw them banging the ceiling a short while ago: like several weeks ago: to disenchant the animal. I, however, put that "Repel All" grainules up in the attic, hoping the smell may act as a deterrant.

Anyway, just wondering if you pursued the mystery of your dog barking any further?

Old 08-06-2010, 07:42 PM

My friend also had a cold area in her bedroom where non of her 5 dogs would venture.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
the next door neighbor rolled down the stairs at his house and broke his neck and died. it was 5 days before they even found him. My Bichon would always bark in the direction of that house, and would always growl at night when we walked by.

I feel so much more comfortable with him (the Bichon, not the dead man) sleeping with us. although he gives me the heebeegeebees sometimes when he perks his head up and starts to growl
That is interesting.

Hmmm...

Did that guy lived alone?

Could his accident be the result of a home invasion gone bad? Was your dog hearing the intruder at his house when you walked by and now sensing him prowling around near your home?

I wonder if there is a way to place something by the door of that guy's house to see if somebody is going in and out of there when no one should be?

I don't mean to scare ya or anything, but I do wonder if there is more to the scenario than meets the eye? Maybe have the cops check it out, take pictures of the home inside so that when they check it at another time, they can tell if someone been in there or not?

I can see how having a pet can give a peace of mind.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
My friend also had a cold area in her bedroom where non of her 5 dogs would venture.
Yes. That sounds like a supernatural event there.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:47 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,923,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Any sign of stress like :

Tail between the legs?

An avoidance of a certain area?

If not, it could be that they hear things beyond our normal hearing that would cause them to bark. Sometimes dogs bark when they hear other dogs barking, even far away.

Usually dogs shy away from supernatural presence. They do not want to get anywhere near it or enter a room where something is not right. At least that is the pattern of behaviour as recounted by others on the internet elsewhere from this public forum.

My folks have an animal that has been thumping around in the attic. I saw them banging the ceiling a short while ago: like several weeks ago: to disenchant the animal. I, however, put that "Repel All" grainules up in the attic, hoping the smell may act as a deterrant.

Anyway, just wondering if you pursued the mystery of your dog barking any further?
Since I believe in Spirit guides, angels, and "others" . I just tell myself it's my dad. But there are times when she barks like crazy and we go outside to investigate. Then 10 mins. later she is in. Just growling. She is not an old dog either.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:50 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,482,399 times
I don't think there is any thing creepy about your story. I believe that hyper-sensitivity to other untapped senses are held in abundance by dogs and by other animals (whales, dolphins, etc.) It is something I think that we have sublimated, if that's the right word, and buried under the stresses of modern society.

I remember my great-aunt telling us kids about banshees. I believe that they are associated with the Irish goddess of War and Death in mythology.

When we were growing up, there was a death of a relative. My sis and I shared a room at that time. Early in the morning, her dog jumped on her bed, whimpering and whining. It woke both of us. For no reason my father got up and went into the kitchen. My mother and all of us kids followed. None of us spoke. Within a few minutes the phone rang. It was the police in another state, advising us that this relative had been killed. So yes, our dog had a forewarning of something.

I don't like to call these types of things supernatural, but I believe these senses are very much a natural part of our existence.

Although it is not entirely my religious view-point, your belief in Jesus will hold you and keep you. Thank you for sharing your story.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs