Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 07:52 PM

221 posts, read 798,945 times

Advertisements

Anyone use this or know if it's a good brand? Thinking of switching my puppy from Nuvo (sp) holistic brand to Solid Gold, which we used for my last dog, since my current puppy seems to be pooping alot more than my last dog. I'm thinking it's the food. I saw the commercial for this brand tonight so was curious.

Last edited by Olive1982; 08-22-2010 at 09:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2010, 08:31 PM

718 posts, read 2,078,594 times
I just bought a bag of this food due to allergic Labrador. She is doing well and likes the food. She had a kind of "runny" eye also due to the allergies and this has subsided nicely. I normally feed Taste of the Wild or Royal Canin, but couldn't get either this time where I normally shop. She needs to be on a gluten free product. The cockapoo I also have, not so much.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:36 PM

2,186 posts, read 7,941,485 times
Yes, it is a good brand. One of the best you can find in the big box Petstores like Petsmart and PETCO. For more reviews, I would visit www.dogfoodanalysis.com. For those of you with cats and dogs, I would look at the dog food ratings and the cat foods for the top companies tend to follow suit. So, Orijen Dog Food is at the top of the list so their Cat Food also is. There is no such cat food rating site that is as comprehensive yet.

Good Luck! It is so hard to choose what is best. If you have any questions about a brand, please let me know. Some have sister brands so if one brand is too expensive (although you usually feed less so it is cheaper in the long run), they usually have a cheaper alternative. I went through a lot of foods with one of my dogs that had a huge allergy and finally found which ones worked depending on what allergy.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:55 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,284,533 times
There are different types of this food. The regular Blue Buffalo is terrible. The Wilderness one is a really good food. It says Wilderness right on the package, so you can't miss it.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
There are different types of this food. The regular Blue Buffalo is terrible. The Wilderness one is a really good food. It says Wilderness right on the package, so you can't miss it.
My dog is only 5 months old though. I would think he has to go on the regular Blue puppy formula one?

Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 PM

947 posts, read 3,408,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Yes, the "regular" is terrible.
Have known many a dog (and cat) that have not done well on it, not to mention that it rates... So low, well below Wilderness formula.

** Blue Buffalo Wilderness is Great!

easy to find at Petsmart and Petco (pretty sure about petco)

and please do go to that website that Alley01 gave.
great tool for your decision making.

Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4Trees View Post
Yes, the "regular" is terrible.
Have known many a dog (and cat) that have not done well on it, not to mention that it rates... So low, well below Wilderness formula.

** Blue Buffalo Wilderness is Great!

easy to find at Petsmart and Petco (pretty sure about petco)

and please do go to that website that Alley01 gave.
great tool for your decision making.
Can I feed the adult wilderness one to a puppy though?

Old 08-22-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive1982 View Post
My dog is only 5 months old though. I would think he has to go on the regular Blue puppy formula one?
What kind of dog do you have?

Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
What kind of dog do you have?
Toy Poodle

Old 08-22-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive1982 View Post
Toy Poodle
No. Stick with the puppy variety for a year. Blue Buffalo isn't an all stages food, and small dogs benefit from puppy food more than large ones. Most large breeds should be switched to adult at six months due to their growth pattern. I prefer to keep small dogs on puppy food for two years or until their growth plates close. We participate in Agility so that is very important.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs