Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 10:21 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,422,203 times

Advertisements

The lady that adopted them had been fostering for us for a while. She got sick and was too beat to foster. Shortly after she was diagnosed with cancer. She's uninsured so she's trying to get on some public assistance so they'll start treatment for her but they said the soonest they can get her to a Dr is November. Since that discussion she's gotten really, really sick and seems to be going downhill scary fast. She called yesterday and said that with her current state and the fact that she's got 7 kids from 16 to 3 years old the puppies are too much and she needed to return them. Broke my heart but I went and picked them up and Laura re-listed them for us last night.

So, sadly, welcome back Odie (formerly Google) and Lacie (formerly Yahoo). We pulled them from the shelter at 5 weeks old with their brother and mom. Brother is adopted and living in Chattanooga and mom was adopted by another foster of ours and lives about 45 minutes away. They are now about 5 months old and total sweeties!

Odie:

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Rat Terrier | Bone Cave, TN | Odie FOSTER NEEDED

Lacie:

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Rat Terrier | Bone Cave, TN | Lacy FOSTER NEEDED
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 10:22 AM

And this evening I pick up the 2 chihuahuas and they go for their neuter on Thursday morning. So much for backing slowly out of rescue. *sigh*

Old 09-22-2010, 11:16 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,021,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
The lady that adopted them had been fostering for us for a while. She got sick and was too beat to foster. Shortly after she was diagnosed with cancer. She's uninsured so she's trying to get on some public assistance so they'll start treatment for her but they said the soonest they can get her to a Dr is November. Since that discussion she's gotten really, really sick and seems to be going downhill scary fast. She called yesterday and said that with her current state and the fact that she's got 7 kids from 16 to 3 years old the puppies are too much and she needed to return them. Broke my heart but I went and picked them up and Laura re-listed them for us last night.

So, sadly, welcome back Odie (formerly Google) and Lacie (formerly Yahoo). We pulled them from the shelter at 5 weeks old with their brother and mom. Brother is adopted and living in Chattanooga and mom was adopted by another foster of ours and lives about 45 minutes away. They are now about 5 months old and total sweeties!

Odie:

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Rat Terrier | Bone Cave, TN | Odie FOSTER NEEDED

Lacie:

Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Rat Terrier | Bone Cave, TN | Lacy FOSTER NEEDED
gonna send you a dm ......

Old 09-22-2010, 11:49 AM

609 posts, read 1,259,658 times
awww...they are SO cute! that kind of cuteness shouldnt have any trouble finding new homes. im sorry about the lady who adopted them, that really sucks, but its understandable why she needed to give them back. poor woman.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:52 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
I wish I could help, btw those ratties look more like beagles in the photos?

If I had a job, I'd take in a rescue, but rightn now I can barely feed Gator my JRT and me.

I do promise if I can get back on my feet I'll help out in some way, I owe you BIG for Annie!

Old 09-22-2010, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I wish I could help, btw those ratties look more like beagles in the photos?

If I had a job, I'd take in a rescue, but rightn now I can barely feed Gator my JRT and me.

I do promise if I can get back on my feet I'll help out in some way, I owe you BIG for Annie!
They look very beagle!! Mom was a JRT or Rattie but I'm sure daddy was a beagle. Lacie may have some bassett or doxie in her lines someplace too. She's so short and longer than her height. Adorable though!

And you don't owe me a thing. I told you - I was very happy I could help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs