U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 01:05 PM

4,140 posts, read 4,211,642 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spencgr View Post
My Grover definitely knew when I was sick. Even though the other two dogs slept in the bed with my husband and me, Grover hated being in the bed and slept on the floor next to it. (No problem at all, as it was rather cozy in the bed.) But one year, on New Years Eve, I got the flu. I was out of the house when I started to feel sick, but as soon as I came home and went to bed, Grover followed me. I got in bed, and so did he. For three days, he slept right next to me, only leaving for my husband to let him out and feed him. He normally became pretty vocal when he didn't get his walks or exercise, but not during this time. He just quietly crawled back up next to me. What a sweet boy he was!
my Grover is the same way - I have 3 dogs, one knows when I'm sick but tends to not cut me any slack; another is very old and I think he is oblivious but Grover is the sensitive boy who lays by the side of the bed when you are sick. One of my other dogs got gutted by a deer a few years back and had to have his whole right side stapled back together. Grover stayed by his side for 2 weeks straight. Sweet boy.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 02:49 PM

17,670 posts, read 14,502,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau&Cloe View Post
Our dog Cloe (who weighs 50 lbs.), gets excited and jumps on us first thing in the morning and when it's time for her walk.

My husband had surgery on his shoulder last week and he was a little nervous about Cloe jumping and maybe hurting his shoulder. When we came home from the hospital, she watched me help him into the house and she must have sensed that something was wrong. She has not jumped once and acts very calm around my husband.

Does your dog act differently when you are sick?
My dog certainly knows when I'm sick or hurting. After 15 years, she is tuned into everything about me, and me with her. But, even when I'm not up to snuff, she gets the royal treatment. She's earned it. At her age, I can't complain to much about me. No matter my condition, I make sure she's comfortable. She's an outside dog, has continence issues now, and her hips hurt. She has a heated and cooled space, and I give her meds for her hips. Though she is sympathetic to when I'm ill, she has her own issues that need attending.

We're both older and slower. But.. Dad's the one with the feel better stuff. Lol

Old 04-20-2015, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 1,138 times
I have a golden retriverlab and you know what she's not just my pet she's my child she's filled a void in my life she helped me through my stroke and I love her more and more for that she loves to cuddle and sleep with me and loves to steal the blankets blanket hog but she's by my side 24/7 and it's been since day 1 since I got her she's attached her self to me and no one else in the house should she like others and be loveing toward them?

Old 04-20-2015, 07:26 AM

2 posts, read 1,138 times
They are not just animals they have feelings as well they are our children and our best friends
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs